Game Problem: My Pokemon Leaf Green Rom has a black screen while the game is still running.

Primextrem69

Basically I've been playing Leaf Green for about 4 or 5 hours now with no problems whatsoever but I walked into Mt. Moon for the 56,098th time and got a black screen. The music was still playing in the BG but I couldn't move my character nor could I open my menu. I also saved at this spot because it had been a while since I last saved and I didn't want to reset the rom without saving and lose all of my progress. So yeah I honestly don't know what the problem is because the rom still plays if I reset it. :confused:

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
So how much progress are we talking about losing? what emulator are you using? If its stuck on black screen that is pretty much shit outa luck. When you reset the game and go to mount moon, does it still black screen or is it occasional?

Primextrem69

Well at this point all of my progress would be lost as I made the silly mistake of saving on the black screen rather than just loading my last save which was only about an hour's worth of gameplay ago. I'm using Visual Boy Advance. When I reset the game and go to Mt. Moon the game does not black screen on me. I guess I might be shit out of luck then. D: R.I.F.P my bootyful Pokemon.