Emulator Problem: snes joypad help

in2media

just got a disc with snes9x-1.53-x64 and apart from the gamepad all works fine. im using a pc gamepad via usb and cannot configure it.
i cant set up the buttons.
any help appreciated

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Once you configure the buttons your good to go. Make sure the controller is enabled where you configure it, maybe you uncheck it by accident.

in2media

gamepad is enabled but cant configure it. its showing each button in yellow but cant change to set them. i mean it shows the word UP in yellow but cant assign up button to it

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Not sure what that meant? Though yes I meant the led on the controller. If you can not turn it off, this may be the issue. What sometimes happens is snes9x can not see your button pressing because the analogs are making tiny movements. To fix this you have 4 options.

1) get a better adapter, that lets you turn off the red LED.
2) Use another controller.
3) use a mapper app, like xpadder.
4) Using another snes emulator.

Last edited:

emmbee90

I noticed a lot of people having issues with the controllers lately, a lot of people can't fix it and have no clue what's going on, even using the calibration doesn't work, i was having the same issue tonight, i couldn't config any of the keys for my Snes gamepad, people are using different types and still having issues, i have one where it's a classic controlle with the classic end with the USB adapter, i just got it back from my bro after ages... and it worked fine before when i played on ZSnes, most people are using ZSnes but it's happening on Snesx9 too though, that one doesn't work for me though, i get that Dll error but ZSnes always does.

About 2 hours later of going through devices what not i finally decided to look in the obvious place... and that's Options in ZSnes, i looked at what's there and i honestly don't know what GFX Engines are so i unticked both of them, and low 'n' behold my controller was working and i could cofig the keys :),so if anyone if having issues i suggest going into the Options and untick stuff, the GFX Engines in ZSnes seems to be conflicting with it and stops it recognizing me pressing the buttons on my controller.