How To Make A Nintendo DS With An Andriod Smartphone

LegoManIAm94

Nintendo DS games are designed to be played on a DS. Not a PC since you need to drag your mouse and click and then pick up a controller or use the keyboard. Even if you have a touch screen PC its still awkward to play DS games on it. And there are great Android apps to play DS games on but the touch screen controller is awkward to use too. The best way to play Nintendo DS games is to use a Nintendo DS since the buttons, touch screen are all put together in a handheld console thats designed so its not awkward to play. But I know a way to make your Android smartphone feel and run like a Nintendo DS and it will not feel awkward playing a Nintendo DS games. The only downside is that this will cost you atleast $75 USD not including your smartphone.

1-Get a Android smartphone if you don't have on already. Make sure its Android 2.3 at least. (I am using a Samsung Galaxy S4)

2-Download the DraStic DS Emulator DEMO from the Google Play Store. It is the free version of the app. Use it to test your games. DO NOT ASK ME HOW TO GET GAMES ON YOUR smartphone. YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN. IF YOU ASK ME HOW TO GET GAMES IN ANY WAY I WILL NOT RESPOND AND I WILL IGNORE YOUR QUESTION/REQUEST.

3-If the games work you can buy the DraStic DS Emulator app from the Google Play Store. If the app doesn?t work for your games try another DS Emulator from the Google Play Store but I can't guarantee if another emulator will work with the steps below. The DraStic DS Emulator is the highest rated and most compatible DS Emulator for Android up to this date.

4-Go and buy a Stylus for your smartphone. You can get them cheap at a dollar store, Walmart, etc. You don't need one that is expensive. A cheap stylus will do.

5-Order a Phonejoy controller. To do this go to the Phonejoy website and order it from there. It shouldn't matter what size your smartphone is since you will use the smartphone screen orientation in a portrait not landscape. And all you need is the controller and anything else you buy is optional. The Phonejoy costs around $70. Although you may need to take your phone out of your case when using the Phonejoy. (I have a Mophie Case for my Samsung Galaxy S4 and it doesn't fit but my Otterbox Commuter Case for my Samsung Galaxy S4 does fit in my PhoneJoy). To see if your phone and phone case can fit go to the Phonejoy website for details.

6-Once you get the controller place the smartphone inside the controller in a portrait position NOT IN A LANDSCAPE POSITION. Make sure the Phonejoy is clamped to the bottom half of your smartphone so the top half is sticking out. This way you the bottom half of your screen is the touch screen with the controller buttons to the left and right just like a real Nintendo DS.

7-Turn on your Phonejoy and make sure your Phonejoy is in Gamepad Mode (When I first used Phonejoy it was in Gamepad Mode). Then go to your phone Bluetooth settings and pair your controller to your phone.

8-Open up the DraStic DS Emulator app or your DS Emulator app and go to your Options->External Controller and select Key Mapping. Then choose a "No Mapping" slot and then go to Map Controls. From here you press the button on the controller you want to emulate as a DS button. You can make up to 3 mappings and customize the controls to your likings. I made 2 mappings for myself...

Mapping 1
(B-A Y-X)

Emulator Phonejoy
X---------------Y
Y---------------X
B---------------A
A---------------B
R---------------R2
L---------------L2
Start----------Start
Select---------Back
Up-------------D-Pad Up
Right----------D-Pad Down
Down----------D-Pad Left
Left------------D-Pad Right

Mapping 2
(A-B X-Y)

X---------------X
Y---------------Y
B---------------B
A---------------A
R---------------R2
L---------------L2
Start----------Start
Select---------Back
Up-------------D-Pad Up
Right----------D-Pad Down
Down----------D-Pad Left
Left------------D-Pad Right

9-Your set! All you need to play your DS games is your smartphone, stylus and Phonejoy controller with you. You may need to tweak some options in Phonejoy so the emnulator is to your liking. When you hold your Phonejoy controller with your smartphone in it it feels like a DS!