Emulator Problem: ePSXe - Multitap 3 Player - Crash Bash

aakkoset

Hey,

Me and my friends have been trying to play Crash Bash with 3 players battle mode, but we just simply can't setup the multitap to work properly.

The Problem we got is:
- when we are on character select, we can only see the player 1(host) selecting his character and he cant see us selecting our characters. (it does show him that there are player 2 and player 3 too, but the icons just doesnt move for him when either of us try to select our characters)

Player 1 can only see himself selecting his character, but cant see either player 2 and player 3.
Player 2 can see himself and player 1 selecting character, but cant see player 3.
Player 3 can see himself and player 1 selecting character, but cant see player 2.

The problem started after turning multitap on. Before that we could play without problems with 2 players, but we needed multitap when we wanted to play with 3 players as without multitap we couldnt select "3 Player Mode".

Versions.
- ePSXe 1.9.25
- netplay plugin (CyperPad 1.3, tester CyperPad 1.4 also)
- bios SCPH-1001

Thanks in advance, if anyone got any ideas how to get this solved!

malloc4096

Iv never done netplay on it so i cant tell you, but i do have the plugin. It has its own Help file with it, Did you read the help file for it?

I'm not about to extract it and search for you, but I do have some previous combined notes for easy access form the past here... I don't know if this came directly from the plugins help file or not tho...

and if it can NOT be fixed, does it really matter? you can still play after all charcters are selected right?

CyberPad

ePSXe Configuration CheckList

BIOS

Both players need to use the same BIOS-Version.
I recommend to use the version SCPH-1001.

Your Version : ______________________________

MemCards

Both players need to have the same MemCard-content.
I recommend to delete the memcards while playing online
(or simply drag them out of the emulators MemCard directory).
If you still want to use memcards you will have to send your memcards to your friend.

Sound Plugin

Both players need to use the same Sound Plugin.
I recommend to use the emulators internal sound plugin.

Your Sound-Plugin : __________________________

Sound Settings

Both players need to use the same sound settings.
I recommend to disable the sound completely, this is
the most "secure" option for a sync gameplay.

[ ] Enable Sound
[ ] Enable CDDA Sound
[ ] Enable XA Sound
[ ] Enable SPU IRQ hack

Other Settings

GPU- and CDR-settings shouldn't be important for sync gameplay, but you should still make sure that both players use the same subchannel setting in the CDR, and I also recommend to use GPU-plugins from the same developer (for example Pete's OpenGL- and Pete's D3D-Plugin works sync; but I am not sure if Pete's D3D- and Lewpy's Glide-Plugin will work sync.)

Options like 'Auto load ppf files enabled' should be disabled and the 'Country' setting should be set to 'Auto', if the game works async.

Tips

Play in window-mode, on this way you can still see the Kaillera-chat in the background and you can talk with your opponent.

If you have a feeling your opponent plays like the worst gamer on this world, talk with him about your points/lives/money or whatever, to make sure that the game is still sync. For example in Tekken, it could happen that you wins on your computer, and your opponent wins on his computer, that's a sign of async gameplay. ;-) ... in this case you should restart the game, and recheck your settings.