PSX 1.13 glitch

REpowerplay

Ive NEVER had this issue with this program, only since i changed PCs, same download sources, but now i get this screen with a big circle with a line through it and text i cannot read. Anyone know what the potential issue is?

Download Source: Emuparadise
Program: PSX 1.13
ROM: Resident Evil: Survivor

I'd link a picture of the screen, but it doesnt let me.

Edward_Stryfe

A Man of Many Pixels
That could be anything with a computer transfer. But what is the operating system on the two, and was there a Laptop to Desktop transition? That could cause all kinds of issues, and did you try to import the save data yourself?

REpowerplay

Its not a save issue, its the fact the emulator doesnt function at all beyond the black playstation logo screen, which also cuts off quicker than it used to. Everything on this pc is a fresh download, and not a transfer, i should mention. Same operating system, and it was a laptop to desktop change, but like i said, everything is fresh.

Last edited:

Edward_Stryfe

A Man of Many Pixels
Try getting a different emulator version then. I'd start with 1.9 and check to see if they have 64bit emulators. For instance on my laptop the new version 1.52 didn't work at all but 1.42 works awesome(talking about ZSNES). Also if you're downloading from emulator-zone I know this is sort of sacrilegious but try to get it from the developers forum/website wherever it's from. Who knows what version you need though? So I would download all of the versions that aren't beta. (<1.1)

Hope that helped :D

malloc4096

Im just guessing that the op isn't using ePSXe, regaurding your version recomendation.

I'm not familiar with other psx emu's, but i do know randomely other kinds of emu issues I'v seen have sometimes been due to the fact they sometimes require a specific version of a microsoft runtime package to function. a specific C++runtime version or .net framework version. If so That maybe specificly mentioned in the Emu's README file. I personally hate anything that requires .NET or Csharp C#

Now a days I don't know if its possible to not have the required DirectX version installed for the Emu, but in the past that could have also been a possibilty.

Edward_Stryfe

A Man of Many Pixels
I think he may be speaking of PCSX which is not the best but good for linux. yeah though I mean just get ePSxe that's the best unless you already have it.

As for the runtime that's also a really good point malloc4096 I din't quite think of that. Because that hasn't been an issue for me in almost 7 years of emulating games.