PSX emulation

Edward_Stryfe

A Man of Many Pixels
Hey I'm using epsxe and I haven't really emulated PS1 games in years since I was like 9 I think, I used to have hundreds of ISOs. But now I don't have anything can I get any recommendations for good PS1 games I have like Silent Hill and Some Final fantasy and Street Fighter and Marvel VS Capcom and Gran Turismo just out of obligation. I have two PS1-like USB controllers that I use and one friend, so some good multiplayers would be cool to. No links since that's illegal here it looks like, thanks for whatever in advanced xD

Last edited:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Why style games? PSX had lots of good fighters(tekken 3), and remakes (yes: street fighter), also had decent scrollers, like Castle Vania. Lots of great racers but you mentioned most, Need for speed is nice... I loved the tony halk game on the psx especially.

Edward_Stryfe

A Man of Many Pixels
How could I have forgotten those titles. Thank you very much :D

malloc4096

lol i seem to be oposite of ulaoulao. I dislike 3d fighters compaired to most compident 2d fighters. Tho I have Not played new ones such as Marvel VS Capcom 3, looks interesting.. apposed to the new Killer Instinct, havn't played, but looks juvinile and childish compaired to the old IMO. KOF2013 and up also looked interesting but never had a chance to play that either.

when i think of PS1, i remember

Twisted Metal
Armored Core
Metal Gear Solid
Ghost in the shell
Tomb raider
Final Fantasy 7 (7only, not other FFs)
Resident Evil
Oddworld
colony wars

gran tourismo (u already metioned)
destruction derby 2
jetmoto
driver
felony1179

some of those may not be great, but i remember them being entertaining when i was young and they were new.
regaurding muli-player, I think almost all the best multiplayer older games were on N64.

For old school fighting games that arn't 3D, I'd just stick with arcade such as winkawaks, for all capcom cps2 neogeo. cps3emu from nebula will do the remaining cps3. u64emu will do kller insctinct 1 and 2. nullDC_100b_1 will do naomi's Marvel VS Capcom 2, good enough, other nullDC versions wont run on older hardware. These can all probably be done with MAME, but mame doesn't run them as fast for older hardware.

Edward_Stryfe

A Man of Many Pixels
I loved Killer Instinct that was part of my childhood going to the friends house and hiding in the attic with the SNES and killer instinct we would play that ALLLLLLLLLLLL the time. Fun-Fact I actually own Metal Gear Solid 1 for PS1 IRL I have both discs in mint condition that I got for <10$ . FF7 is the best my favorite and I have a problem shutting up about it. As for the others i've heard of most of them and will definitely DL thanks mahn.