Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbe Help Please

Default Re: Newbe Help Please

that is where I got my .160 from. I use romvault instead of clrmame because I didn't really understand it. Romvault has a nice howto on youtube

Blog Entries

Well I dont use PD any more but I can not mention the name of the private tracker I use ( against rules there) but when I download them, I get the set + mame and all files work out of the box.
    Original, the only way to play.

Forums
    main page - Working controllers

Well I got a little upset and deleted the whole drive. Now I have 0.161 downloaded with hyperlaunch and hyperspin. For the most part it at best it KINDA works. If I open a game manually I can get it to work but in hyperspin my buttons and joy sticks do not work. I followed a howto on youtube for joytokey and had no luck. I still don't have a lot of games but I guess I can work on that after I get it to function right. Any ideas?

I don't use frontends so cant say why those maynot work. But mame will probably be fine, if you set it up right.

you can of course configure each game indevidually to have the joystick controller enabled or not. But you could open the root [mame.ini] using notepad or whatever, its located in the mame root directory (were mame.exe is located) and scroll down to the [joystick 0] option and just change it to [joystick 1]. it will then be enabled by default on all games.

If [mame.ini] cant be found in the mame root directory, it simiplly maynot have been created.. to do so, just open Windows Command Prompt [>start/run/"cmd"] and type..
    Code:
    "C:\path to mame\mame" -cc
    the -cc simply means create config

note you can also verify your roms using mame itself if u like,
    Code:
    "C:\path to mame\mame' -rompath "path\to\roms";"path\to\bios" -verifyroms *>>"path\to\where\ever\mamelog.txt"
    or replace the wildcard * with a romname no extension.
    this will make the log more readable
    Code:
    FOR /F %a IN ('dir /B "path\to\roms"') DO (echo.>>"path\mamelog.txt") && ("C:\path to mame\mame" -rompath "path\to\roms";"path\to\bios" -verifyroms %~na>>"path\mamelog.txt")
    also note all of these commands and options are listed in mames help files in its docs root folder i think, labeled config, windows, readme, etc.

you could also use the -lc mame switch if im not mistaken to list clones of the rom, if it doesnt operate, perhaps its a version clone and your missing its Parent rom or Bios.

Mame runs fine it's when I use hyperspin. Everythnig works fine up until it's time to choose a game the my select/start butoon stops working. Works fine in every screen until that point.

I found out it is working. I'm not waiting long enough. There definitely a problem. Once I choose a game and hit select it takes 11 secs before game starts to load. I checked my task manager and hyperspin at idle in task manager under processes hyperspin is running at 80%. The computer should be good enough to run. It is running windows 7 32bit. processor is a 2.2 ghz and 4 gig memory (usable 2.94). any ideas whats maybe going on?

Quote Originally Posted by ulaoulao View Post
    Do your options match your rom types? I.E split sets looking for split roms? Sounds like it is just not finding the files.
    I have downloaded MameUI32 .160 and that seems to be opening right. I have downloaded roms .160 and put the zipped folders in mame roms folder. Did a game search, audit, refresh and another game search and maybe, just maybe have 6 games that work. I've download many rom sets with matching roms and have no luck.

Quote Originally Posted by KAISY View Post
    I have downloaded MameUI32 .160 and that xender discord omegle seems to be opening right. I have downloaded roms .160 and put the zipped folders in mame roms folder. Did a game search, audit, refresh and another game search and maybe, just maybe have 6 games that work. I've download many rom sets with matching roms and have no luck.
    Do your options match your rom types? I.E split sets looking for split roms? Sounds like it is just not finding the files.

Thread Information