Thread: next gen console wars.. round 3

married, loving life, and couldnt be happier.

Default next gen console wars.. round 3

so here are the choices

Xbox2
    Ps3
    Nintendo Revolution

This time xbox is planning on throwing out a machine that if used incorrectly could result in a nuclear meltdown

ps3 will have a cell processor wich is essentially 9 processors in one.

and nintendo will go with the angle that photorealistic gaming is over and its now time that gameplay is the main feature yet again.

my pic for this round will be ps3. i was never a huge fan of psx or ps2 but there are millions of loyal brainwashed fans that would double as a sony death army if necissary. not to mention having psx, ps2, and ps3 games available will offer optimal variety.

i think xbox 2 will be okay but they will hold back too much just as xbox did.(not to mention halo3 will be their crown jewel and the halo franchise is the shittiest of them out there gameplay wise)

nintendo is going to try and focus more on gameplay.
    "The definition for a new machine must be different. I want you to know that Nintendo is working on our next system and that system will create a gaming revolution. Internal development is underway.
    "I could give you our technical specs, as I'd know you'd like that, but I won't for a simple reason: they really don't matter. The time when horsepower alone made all the difference is over.

"Work on Revolution is well underway. When you see it you will be excited because you will experience a gaming revolution."

-Satoru Iwata, President of Nintendo
    you think nintendo would have learned their lesson with the dissmal sales of the gamecube. however it seems just the opposite is true after being mauled by microsoft and sony it seems nintendo just got back up and pounced on their backs as they were walking away. the only real way i can see if there was a gaming revolution would contain any combination of the following five items:

1. Virtual Reality!
    2. A modified powerglove that is wireless and compatible with the revolution
    3. Nintendo stops making bullshit kiddie games
    4. Nintendo stops recycling ancient franchises (when is princess peach going to invest in a bodyguard..a mario game where she doesnt get kidnapped that would be a revolution!)
    5.nintendo stops doing what it thinks is right and listens to what its customers want.

we all pretty much know nintendo is going to go the way of atari and sega and become a game developer. i think nintendo knows it too. its a damn shame but i have to admit i really cant wait to play Zelda on my Xbox3.

"the time when horsepower alone made an important deferance is, over"
    sorry Satoru its only beggining.
    Last edited by Genome; April 14th, 2005 at 16:40.
    My home arcade project is offically underway!

keep posted on it!!!

Pictures of my nearly finished box up now at...

http://forums.emulator-zone.com/show...5707#post85707

and video at...
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...8-6a57fad40dac

Quote Originally Posted by Genome
    i have to admit i really cant wait to play Zelda on my Xbox3.
    That's a sacrilege!!! You could go to hell just for saying that

Anyway, I heard some good things about Xbox 3.
    Last edited by Lefteris_D; April 14th, 2005 at 20:11.

Nintendo it's most focused on portable consoles, as Miyamoto said, "because they are future of the console gaming". I agree on this, PC & consoles fusion it's just a matter of time, with home consoles focusing into a entertainment media hub. Probably it's a mere speculation, so I understand you claim your disagree
    The legend will never die...

riaru na sekai ni yureteru kanjyou
    maketakunai
    mou tada hashiru shikanai kono mune ni
    kikoete kuru
    kimi wa hitori jyanai

Quote Originally Posted by Genome
    you think nintendo would have learned their lesson with the dissmal sales of the gamecube. however it seems just the opposite is true after being mauled by microsoft and sony it seems nintendo just got back up and pounced on their backs as they were walking away. the only real way i can see if there was a gaming revolution would contain any combination of the following five items:

1. Virtual Reality!
    2. A modified powerglove that is wireless and compatible with the revolution
    3. Nintendo stops making bullshit kiddie games
    4. Nintendo stops recycling ancient franchises (when is princess peach going to invest in a bodyguard..a mario game where she doesnt get kidnapped that would be a revolution!)
    5.nintendo stops doing what it thinks is right and listens to what its customers want.
    Among those, I pretty agree with 1-2 only.

3. Nintendo and other game publishers should make kiddie games as there are too many mature themed games nowadays. There are no much games that would bring caught my attentions as all are pretty similar to one another. Now, I'm really like to play Super Mario Bros again.

4. Unless there is a connection to one another. That wouldn't be so bad.

5. Every customers have their own tastes in what they want in upcoming title.

Crazy Frog

Thw powerglove was shit and they would be smart never to revive it

Oh, that powerglove. lol

married, loving life, and couldnt be happier.

what i meant wasnt very clear on number 3 sorry

i was refering to when the Gamecube first came out. all the games it supported were aimed at a younger market. thats really the only reason i didnt go with gamecube. now they have added more titles aimed at older customers. sorry if it seemed unclear!

oh btw "i love the powerglove....its so bad"
    My home arcade project is offically underway!

keep posted on it!!!

Pictures of my nearly finished box up now at...

http://forums.emulator-zone.com/show...5707#post85707

and video at...
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...8-6a57fad40dac

Thread Information