Dolphin GCPad 2-4 Players Wont Reconize

MrJunky

SOLVED: Thank you ulaoulao! All I had to do was go into Dolphin 3.5 and go to Options->Configure->Gamecube and set Port 1-4 to Standard Controller and it works.

I have Windows 8.1 and I have tried using Dolphin 3.5 and Dolphin 4.0.2. Nevertheless I cannot get a second controller to work. When I am in the GCPad settings and I load the profile I used on my Windows 7 PC it reads since the red buttons light up on the GCPad window and the joystick does read. But in game when I play Mario Kart I cannot select a character for player 2. Player 1 controller works fine! Also I am using a Xbox 360 wireless receiver and two Xbox 360 wireless controllers.

EDIT: I also tried using the keyboard and mouse as an input for player 2 and player 1 as an controller. Player 1 works but player 2 still doesnt work. Which means its not the controllers acting up.

Last edited:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Depending on the version, there are normally two places to make a controller work. One in GCPAD and the other in the main menus where you tell it what type of controller it is. Most people miss the second one.

MrJunky

Thank you ulaoulao! All I had to do was go into Dolphin 3.5 and go to Options->Configure->Gamecube and set Port 1-4 to Standard Controller and it works.

HaloMillennium

I found another solution too, super easy fix in case the above doesn't work for anyone else (like for myself). I had issues of crashes and frozen games because of the secondary controller.

siljathomas

For control work One in GCPAD and the other in the main menu, where you are told what type of controller. Most people lose.