[UPDATED!] - Nintendo 64 : How to emulate Transfer Pak (For Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2)

flaaen101

Re: [UPDATED!] - Nintendo 64 : How to emulate Transfer Pak (For Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2

yes i am having probs can someone plz help me im trying to get my transfer pack to work on pokemonstdum 2 to work and when i get to the mem pak spot and try to get my saved file from yellow i cant find any saves

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Re: [UPDATED!] - Nintendo 64 : How to emulate Transfer Pak (For Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2

The plugin only knows how to find .sav files, are your save files .sav?

Al13n

Re: Nintendo 64 : How to emulate Transfer Pak (For Pokémon Stadium 1 & 2)

Is it possible to use an ACTUAL PHYSICAL transfer pack to play on an emulator? I'm much more interrested in doing that, as I can play on-the-go and then play Pok?Mon Stadium(s) at home, on PC; as opposed to having to play the GameBoy games on a PC.
Adaptoid should work.

Thanos21

Re: Nintendo 64 : How to emulate Transfer Pak (For Pokémon Stadium 1 & 2)

Hello guys. I am new here and I would like to ask some things. Before two days I downloaded Project64 v2.1. I also downloaded Pkmn stadium. I was playing well, but today I wondered if I could use pkmn from r/b/y. So I downloaded visualboyadvansed and pkmn red. I also read the instructions of the first post. I downloaded n-rage plugin version2 1.82a and then I did what you said with the settings. When I went to controller pak , I selected transfer pak. Then I tried to find the .gbc and .sav files, but they werent anywhere. The only files I have in vba are pkmn red.sav and pkmn red.sgm. So I renamed pkmn red.sgm to pkmn red.gbc. Now in transfer pak it found both files, so I pressed save. Then I opened pkmn stadium rom. I heard the ''pikaaa'' and suddenly I got this message. ''There is a problem with the GB Game Pak's connector. Please turn the N64 control deck off and consult the transfer pak instruction booklet''. Well, I am stuck now and I dont know what to do, so I would want your help please. Thank you very much. :)

bburke12684

I keep getting a message that says no save file can someone help please

Pappous

Greetings. First of all, thanks for the guide, effort and time spent. Emulation is a wonderful thing. I just wanted to write down some things, after having tried them. And kindly request for some help.

Keep in mind that Yellow is the trickiest Rom to emulate in Project 64 with transfer pack plugin. Other versions than 1.82a usually end up in displaying wrong data or glitched pokemon (boxed pokemon, in Professor Oak's Lab, stadium 2).

That aside, both 1.82a and the newest, current version (2.23c), work correctly. They display properly the inserted roms and their data. You can load 2 roms/saves at the same time, and even trade using the stadium 1/2 machine in Oak's Lab!

Now, if your emulator buttons suddenly stop functioning while loading two games/saves in stadiums, simply configure the controller which has not yet assigned buttons (usually the second). And after this, they work normally.

You can use mysterygift between 2nd gen roms/saves, and you'd better do it; 3 items can only be obtained by using the stadium 2 for mystery gifts. And last but not least, you can use the stadium storage items or trade pokemon functions like a duplicating cheat, because it is in emulation. It is quick and easy. Simply back somewhere up the gameboy rom's save file, the one which you insert into stadium later. Store pokemon, trade them away, store items. Now enter into stadium the INITIAL, backed up save, and use it to claim the stored/traded away goodies.

Thanks again for the guide. I hope to have expanded on it a little bit. Finally, if you play red/blue or gold/silver, you can change one's saved game to the other's, like renaming blue sav into red sav, and using it to catch the version exclusives, WITHOUT starting a new game and going through the entire game from scratch.

Last edited:

TheMultiGamer4

When I followed these instructions now my Stadium 1&2 say "There is a promblem with the GB Game Pak's connector. Please turn off the N64 Controller Deck OFF and consult the Transfer Pack Instruction Booklet." ......so what do I do now? Now the game wont even lemme play :/

spotanjo3

When I followed these instructions now my Stadium 1&2 say "There is a promblem with the GB Game Pak's connector. Please turn off the N64 Controller Deck OFF and consult the Transfer Pack Instruction Booklet." ......so what do I do now? Now the game wont even lemme play :/

First thing to do is to check if your GB Roms are Good Dump With GoodGB

Credit by D.Farougia

nidoking86

Strange, It works with English and even Spanish version of Pokémon Yellow...
man ive got a problem with the nrage plugin it just wont work.. i think someting else is missing in the plugin folder besides the nrage itself, im kind of new to these kind of things

yentrangkorea

so playin in the gb tower is still impossible right?

ryu120

so playin in the gb tower is still impossible right?

Solution pak transfer for the Nintendo 64 emulator N64 works with the new version of Project 64U_25_09_2015, I tried it with 2 running plugins are: N-Rage For PJ64: 2.4.0.9999 + N-Rage Input Plugins V2 2.4 (fork ) that the solution works properly the transfer pak + 2 N64 components which are: June 2010 DirectX SDK + Visual studio 2008 + link

https://www.sendspace.com/file/8wxery = Project 64U_25_09_2015.zip

money123

How'd you get it to work cus i cannot get it to work correctly.The transfer pak part doesn't show up and i have the DirectX thing so it can't be cus of that,

ryu120

all the current projects of the transfer pak Plugin 2.4 (fork) all works. I'm:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/07g2ea = Project 1.6.zip

https://www.sendspace.com/file/a5bntl = Project 64U_25_09_2015.zip

https://www.sendspace.com/file/qgs1wa = Project64 1.7.zip

https://www.sendspace.com/file/x5rnjh = Project64 2.2.zip

https://www.sendspace.com/file/cfcida = Project64 2.3.zip

https://www.sendspace.com/file/kvvmcg = Project64 2.3-5.zip

https://www.sendspace.com/file/fgw3xs = gbpatch012.zip

All complete project pak transfer of the new plug-n-rage v2.4 inputs (fork)

Last edited:

Sphinx19l

I followed this updated thread to every single detail. The game paks are recognized but for some reason I still get " ????? ID ***** Saved file not found" (whether i use the currently updated version 2.5.2.202 or 1.82 - same result). When I open my GB emulator (I use multiple ones but tend to stick to KiGB 2.04) I have no issues booting/loading/saving/etc... I'm using Project 64 2.3.2.202. Please help, I feel like the answer is so simple and staring me right in the face in plain sight.

Elizarkozik

Strange, It works with English and even Spanish version of Pokémon Yellow...

I can´t use my pokemons from yellow, only in prime cup, Free battle pokemon Gym leader castle, do anyone know why? plz tell me

Elizarkozik

It is said that the N-Rage´s plugin won't let you play the GB tower, but I am not really sure.

I can´t use my pokemons from yellow, only in prime cup, Free battle pokemon Gym leader castle, do anyone know why? plz tell me

Elizarkozik

Do you have to be or bet the part of pokemon yellow or stadium?

EmulatorLowdown

EmulatorLowdown.com

This is awesome, must give it a try but I still play with rented Pokemon every so often.