[UPDATED!] - Nintendo 64 : How to emulate Transfer Pak (For Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2)

hirokazuma

Re: Nintendo 64 : How to emulate Transfer Pak (For Pokémon Stadium 1 & 2)

OK, i've got the plug in working but the buttons for the controller don't work.

Parsat

Does this work with BGB instead of VBA? I've tried to use Pokemon Yellow for both Pokemon Stadium and Pokemon Stadium 2 to no avail.

Another thing I think might help for the masses of people wondering why they can't find the transfer pak is because many unzipping tools like Zipeg automatically create a folder to hold the extracted file. To read the plugin though, it must be in the main Plugin folder, not any subfolder.

Anignog

i posted a topic pertaining to this and it hasn't really gotten any replies, so i suppose i should post it here...

I know there's a sticky pertaining to this and I don't want any links to it. I've looked through every page of that thread for the answer to my question as well as every other topic that has anything to do with even the keyword "stadium" on this forum. I've been very thorough in trying to get the answer for this, so please give my question some honest thought.

Alright, so I managed to make Red and Gold work with the N-Rage plugin in P64. I caught a Pidgey and a Rattata in the two games, respectively, and traded them to one another. After the trading process (during which I had both of my VBA's open), I checked Red and Gold. No trade had been made. The Pidgey was still on Red, and the Rattata was still on Gold. The trade clearly went through on the N64 Emulator, but the trade didn't occur on the Gameboy Games. So, I went to the VBA that was playing Gold, and I assumed perhaps I had to "Import Battery File" in order to make the trade go through. This, too, failed, as I got an error that said something along the lines of "Importing a Snapshot can erase your game" or something.

All I really want is to be able to trade from Gold to Red via the Project64 emulator and Pokemon Stadium 2 and vise-versa. Can anyone help me make this happen without errors or erased games?

LoneBesamell

I'm a little irritated with this. I've tried downloading both 1.82a and 1.83, but no matter what I do the only option in the pulldown menu on my emulator is version 1.80a, which doesn't support the transfer pak. I'm using Project64 1.6. What gives?

willtheoct

TO ANYONE THAT DOES NOT HAVE A MEM PACK OPTION: download here:
http://members.chello.at/n-rage/dinput8/plugins/nrplugin2_182.zip
extract the DLL to your project64/plugins folder. usually c>program files>project64>plugins.

now, for a non-newb question:

in pokemon stadium 2, i load up yellow version(which isn't corrupt, it plays and saves fine in VBA). it shows a yellow version icon on the main page, but says
ID:*****
Save file not found.

i cannot use it for anything.

the files are .gbc and .sav files, and should work.

is this just a problem for yellow, or is there a fix, or something i'm not doing properly?

EDIT: found the solution. i had VBA 1.83, i rolled back to 1.82a and it loaded fine.

Last edited:

kendal231

I'm a little irritated with this. I've tried downloading both 1.82a and 1.83, but no matter what I do the only option in the pulldown menu on my emulator is version 1.80a, which doesn't support the transfer pak. I'm using Project64 1.6. What gives?

i have the same problem please help!!!

thanks

Jale

Make sure they are uncompressed (not in RAR or ZIP), in the plugins folder and the emulator is closed before installing a new plugin.

yellow x

hhheeeeeellppppppp!!!!!
i have a pokemon rom,pkmn yellow too,n rage plugin too...
BUT I CAN'T TRANSFER IT!!!!!!
let me explain... i go in transfer pak load the rom(i unzipped it),then the save file,i put there and it appears:

id ******
save file not found

i lost a game with this!i had 7 badges,created a e-mail,registered here,and no know what to do,help,please:(

SmashBrother

hy...I THINK i acidentally started pokemon staidum when changing to the latest version of Nrage ( after an hour of struggling, I finally man,aged to see ' transfer pak') don't ask me how:p

anyway..when i start pokemon stadium..it " error could not install plugin"" even though i can see " transfer pak" ..but project 64 is simply reluctant to work..maybe an idea how to fix this problem plz? and ow..My GB ( silver, btw) are not corrupted...

i'd be gald to receive some info by a few experts ^^
greetings from Belgium!!

jats605

Prlly a n00b question, but Where (or how) do i have to save in my Silver ROM? I know its in a Pokemon center...

jats605

srry if this is the second time iv posted this. If not, dont ask.

Anyway, prrly a n00b question, but Where (or how) do i save on my silver? I yes, I know its in a pokemon center.

jats605

Re: Nintendo 64 : How to emulate Transfer Pak (For Pok?mon Stadium 1 & 2)

(this is the 3rd time iv had to post this. must be a glitch)
Where do i dave on silver to use the trasnfer pak? everthing else is good.

RickyRick

Hey, I loaded a pokemon gold .sav file into my pokemon stadium 2, and it is playable there, but I hadn't saved at a pokemon center. When I opened up my gbc emulator, my pokemon gold file was gone. Is there anyway I can get that back? I have kigb as my gameboy emulator.

Jale

Never tried kigb since I always used Visual Boy Advance and loaded save files flawlessly.

David999999

Just wanted to say thanks for everyone in this thread helping people. I had the same problems with the transfer pak, like it not showing up, or not reading the save file. I eventually got them all fixed thanks to this thread though :D

The only bad part is that the game itself freezes, and the music lags and skips horribly in some parts, and it makes it practically unplayable. I've heard the music and audio is a main problem with Project 64. Is there any way to fix this? I've already tried changing all available plugins but nothing works. Increasing the buffer from zilmars audio plugin helped the skipping some, but the game goes all weird, old Nintendo graphics in some points. Like Charmeleon uses Flamethrower and red blocks fire out.

Can anyone help with this?

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member

It may help if you list your system specs in as much detail as you can.

David999999

Ok, I'll list the ones that I know how to get the info on:

Intel Pentium III Processor

997 Mhz

512 mb RAM

Windows XP Professional/ Service Pack 2/ Version 2002

If there are any more you need, you'll have to tell me how to get to them. That should be enough to run a 64 emulator I'd think. The 64's not that high tech.

Also, to the guy on page 7 or so who was asking if the GB tower in Stadium was any different then the gameboy game, the answer is no, it's not. It doesn't play with the 64's graphics or anything. I played the first Pokemon Stadium when it first came out, and I played my gameboy game through it just because I wanted to play on a bigger screen. Nothing changes at all.

David999999

Ok well, that little exchange went effectively nowhere. Can someone else help me?

Jale

There are known issues running Pok?mon Stadium 2. Some screen such as battle menu goes insanely slow and that's "normal". And you haven't specified any video card so I assume you must have an integrated (on-board) one.

David999999 said:
...The 64's not that high tech.
Just because the Nintendo 64 is not high-tech, it doesn't necessarily mean it will perform well on your PC. Your specs are somewhere minimal to run a Nintendo 64 emulator, but in order to get better performance, at least a Pentium 4 processor and a fast integrated on-board graphics are required.

Last edited: