[UPDATED!] - Nintendo 64 : How to emulate Transfer Pak (For Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2)

Jale

Re: Nintendo 64 : How to emulate Transfer Pak (For Pokémon Stadium 1 & 2)

Have you tried installing it? Because that's too weird.

hirokazuma

yes its installed to my computer...Been trying to figure this out since December of 06 lol

hirokazuma

All I have in the Project64 folder is Project64 itself and uninstall Project64

Jale

Please, don't double post.

Consider uninstalling and reinstalling it. Also look in X:\Program Files\Project64 where X is your drive letter.

hirokazuma

edit: My program files only have the program and uninstall the program, again.

Ah, it's hopeless, lol.

Last edited:

Jale

Who are you trying to fool?

grant89uk

I have been trying to do this for a while. I can get the project 64 to detect the game pack but i cant get my sav file detected.

I use visualboyadvance which when i save from the game makes a file with the extension .sa1

Project64 requires the file to be either .sav or .sv

I have tried to simply just rename these files but it doesnt work nor do i know how to get the gb emu to save in the appropriate file format.

Can anyone help?

Maximus

Im having problems but im not sure whats wrong. I have installed and set the transfer pack up and thats all working. Yet when I go to load the save file on stadium it says the Game Pack wasnt saved at a pokemon centre, yet I saved it there. Not sure what to do?
Edit: OK I restarted the game on vba and when I go to continue it puts me right at the start of the game? I can get back to where I was by using save states. How do I get the game to save using the menu on the rom itself so it will be picked up on stadium.
Cheers

Last edited:

Jes-Ka

Jale...I need help ):

I installed the newest plugin...and when I put it in the plugin file, it wouldn't let me because it had the same file name as the older plugin.

Sooo, I changed the newer plugins name from
NRage_NInput8_V2.dll
to
NRagev.183_NInput8_V2.dll

And then I moved the old plugin out of the plugin file.
And it screwed the whole thing up ):

I'm not really sure how to fix it...
Help Please?

Jes-Ka

Um, okay.
Update on my issue..
I don't know what the .sav and .gb files are.
Where do I find those? P:

Jale

The GB / GBC file is a Game Boy / Game Boy Color ROM. It's the actual Pokémon game for those systems.

The SAV file is the save file for those games. You need both to run GB / GBC Pokémon to run the Transfer Pak.

Where do you get the GB / GBC game? We cannot tell, since it's agains the rules. It's up to you to find them. The SAV file is created once you save the game when playing the Pokémon games.

UCFKNIGHT

nope, still doesn't work

I tried Stadium 2 with my Crystal rom and it worked, the only problem I had with Stadium 2 was the gameboy tower not running my rom, it would give an error message on screen like as if the cart was removed from the transfer pak

Ok if you don't mind tell me how you got your pokemon from crystal to show up in stadium 2.I followed all the steps it loads my save and shows my name on intro screen and the pokemon selection but shows that I have zero registered pokemon when I have (7) ,6 in the hand and one with Bill. Yes I saved in a pokemon center by doing start save. Thanks....

Benne

Hello :) I'm new here and found a link to this thread on google. Great guide, and obviously it worked for most people, but when I start the emulator after completing every step on the way I get the error message:

" ???
ID *****
Saved file not found"

Would you guys know how I could solve this problem? I'm guessing it has something to do with the fact that when I save my game on "Visual Boy Advance" the default filename ends with .sgm. The Pokemon gold ROM is a .gbc file and I run it on a .gba emulator. Could that cause any problems?

Last edited:

Jale

.sgm is a save state file. You need to load the regular save file (.sav) instead.

Last edited:

Solus Lupus

Ok yall this may not be exactly where it should go but its the best I can find ANYWHERE as it is getting a GBC .sav to work in an emmulator for the n64. Is there a way someone could tell me how to rip a gameboy color's .sav file off of it. I have the game and a game boy memory card (holds game saves ONLY to back them up) I want to do this so that I can use my Uber Pokemon team of ownage in Pokemon stadium on my pc. I would prefer not to start all over just to use it on the computer. Any help would be a big help, I am new to the whole emulator thing but I am capable of learning and know computers quite well so I am pretty sure I could do it with some aid.:bow:

-- DELETED --
(if you don't want to post how)

Last edited by a moderator:

crystalboom323

Hey all...like most of the people asing questions here...I'm new.

when i start pokemon stadium 2 I get this error

Jale

I'm not sure, but try checking/unchecking RAW data. Also, make sure you're using the latest version available.

Jale

Yes.

It's strange, since I emulated it with Pokémon Silver without any problem. What is your Pokémon Silver region? (U, E, J)

haunter=best

Haunter = best pokemon

i've tried changing the name, but it wont change into a .SAV file, does any1 know how i could fix this?