The Wii-U emualtor !!!

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Yes there are a lot of you tube videos showing a working wii-U emulator and many sites advertise that they also have one. There are also many videos and sites that sell fake, unrealistic, and other Trojan House like traps to trick you for a number of things.

When looking for an emulator the general rule of thumb is to check our download pages first. http://emulator-zone.com/ If it is not on there, then its unknown to us. If you think you have found an emulator that we don't offer for download, let us know in the submit news section.

Again, no, the wii-U emulation scene is void of emulators. Before emulators emerge on to the scene they typically show the first stages of development. Like reading discs, and playing home-brew games. Not very many emulators pop out of know where. Although that has been done in the past, its extremely unlikely. Also please keep in mind that the wii and GC emulation is just now hitting %100 playable speeds thx the the hard work form the Dolphin team. So, how could the wii-U even be playable?

Last edited:

Spades45

i think he wants a link to a trojan, lol.

is wiiu on similar architecture as wii and gamecube - eg, is it only a matter of time before Dolphin supports it as well? (and then another few years for our hardware to be capable of emulating it at playable fps)

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
No, the wii was a gamecube with a modified controller (wii mote) add on and a simple video (I think) upgrade. So the dolphin team saw an easy way to allow wii play back. The wiiU is a entirely new console.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Anyone smart enough to know wii-u emulation is not playable will not find this post helpful. Most people that think something like a full blown or even party working wii-u emulator exist, should take noticed of this post. Generally people could case less unless it is running games. Since this post has gone up, we have not had many question about wii-u emulation.

Dailenth

I'd like to inform you that unfortunately most modern consoles have complicated architecture that is nearly impossible to debug and emulate, Even if they're a thing it would require a ridiculous amount of processing power to emulate.
A prime example is PCSX2 which as you can see the PS2 has very outdated and extremely weak hardware compared to the new generation, even still after all this years in development It's buggy, runs slow on low to mid end PC's, sound tearing, framedrops etc making the game unplayable. The most stable emulators from my experience you can find is ranged from Atari to Nintendo 64. If you want to play these new console games just buy the console.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
I'd like to inform you that unfortunately most modern consoles have complicated architecture that is nearly impossible to debug and emulate, Even if they're a thing it would require a ridiculous amount of processing power to emulate.
A prime example is PCSX2 which as you can see the PS2 has very outdated and extremely weak hardware compared to the new generation, even still after all this years in development It's buggy, runs slow on low to mid end PC's, sound tearing, framedrops etc making the game unplayable. The most stable emulators from my experience you can find is ranged from Atari to Nintendo 64. If you want to play these new console games just buy the console.
Although I complete agree with the above there is one thing that I must admit is no longer true. I'm not trying to present a debate here, just clearing up the statement. The PCSX2 emulator is emulating many game near perfectly now. Now, I know you pointed out "runs slow on low to mid end PC's" and to that you are correct. However people have a tendency to not read the entire post. So I just want to point out (and with a good system) Ps2 emulation is at a very good point at this time. I just grabbed a nice little collection of ps2 game and 90% run extremely well. Though do take note from Dailenth and the fact it has been 15 years to get to that point.

Last edited:

Dailenth

Although I complete agree with the above there is one thing that I must admit is no longer true. I'm not trying to present a debate here, just clearing up the statement. The PCSX2 emulator is emulating many game near perfectly now. Now, I know you pointed out "runs slow on low to mid end PC's" and to that you are correct. However people have a tendency to not read the entire post. So I just want to point out (and with a good system) Ps2 emulation is at a very good point at this time. I just grabbed a nice little collection of ps2 game and 90% run extremely well. Though do take note from Dailenth and the fact it has been 15 years to get to that point.

Appreciate the Correction, I had Issues with underrated games like Dark Cloud and Burnout 3 takedown and my hardware almost ran the game on 60 fps on native resolution. It's impossible to run without hacks though, if 5 fps are missing the sounds begin to tear and it ruins the experience.. It's funny that You can run most modern games better than an emulated Playstation 2 game.

alexxi

back from hell
Cemu is coming along nicely, hopefully in a year or two most 3d games will be playable(no lag, savestates, etc...).

Super Mario bros U seems to run pretty good on it.

stefenjames

The Wii-U emulator, a technological marvel, allows enthusiasts to relive the gaming nostalgia of the past. It enables players to enjoy Baylen Levine's charismatic gameplay on modern systems, preserving the essence of his gaming journey. Through this emulator, Baylen Levine's unique gaming experiences find a new home, transcending time and hardware limitations.