Emulator Problem: Nestopia oddities

toto454

Anyone who can give me a hand,

So i use Nestopia, and just a few days ago i opened up super mario bros and something was wrong, i couldnt jump high enough to hit mystery boxes or get over obstacales, so i deleted the super mario bros file and downloaded one from somewhere else (apposed to vimm.net) and it was still doing it, i also checked to see if it was just super mario bros, it wasnt it was also adventure island 2, super mario bros 2,3. My next idea was it was my keyboard so i switched and used one of my spares, it made no difference, i dont know what is happening.

Any input please,

toto454,

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
That is not a game issue itis a controller issue. Without knowing what you have it is hard to say, but sounds like turbo is on. Some emulators have a turbo check box also.

toto454

Well i am not using a controller at the molment but i did order a usb orginal nes controller to use, all i am using is a "Dell Keyboard kb212-B" now, could it be the problem?

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
It's possible yes, I don't use a keybaord, and never have. I wonder though? Does the character jump higher if you hold down the button vs press it? Also key board or gamepad, if there is a turbo feature in that emulator it could be the issue.

Last edited:

toto454

No the keyboard is not pressure sensitive, and i don't think any Nintendo emulators do that because you know the games are old.
So where would i find this turbo feature on nestopia?

toto454

So since we are talking about this i have another question, how do you get a usb nes controller connected to mac osx? i thought it would be almost identical to how youdo it on windows nestopia but it aint,

Im sure you know this one.

also what the hell is a pepperzip file because my nestopia file just turned into one and it wont open.

Last edited:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
No the keyboard is not pressure sensitive
Who said anything about pressure? I said hold down the key. The longer you hold down a key, just like a button on a controller, makes a character jump higher. Have you ever played a game on a console before? This goes as far back as the atari days...

I dont use a mac nor do I use nestopia , it was a suggestion, the turbo should be obvious if there was such a thing.

how do you get a usb nes controller connected to mac osx?
Same as Windows, same as Linux, same as a tablet, you buy an adapter.

Pepperzip is a virus for windows computers, I though you were on a mac?
http://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-pepperzip-virus/

toto454

Dont have to be a jerk! And yes some PS2 games have pressure sensitive controls. I own an atari, and an orginal nes & all the PS consoles.

I use a mac and a PC windows 7 computer. I asked because my nestopia file mysteriously turned into a pepper zip, but i fixed it so never mind that.

my controller came in and none of the games have warped jumps so that is fixed if i dont use a keyboard.