EQOA (Everquest Online Adventures) Revival is always looking for more people to help!

hMJem

Hello friends at the Emulator Zone.. I am here to tell you about an MMORPG that was sunsetted -- Everquest Online Adventures for the PS2. It was a fantastic game. Definitely ahead of it's time especially for a console game. I personally like it more than Everquest 1, but that is a discussion for another day.

The game was shut down in 2012, but all is not lost. There is a project to bring it back via reverse engineering. I even talked someone who worked on the original EQOA and he is a fan too and wants to play again.

This is where you may be able to help. There is always a need for more programmers. People that are experienced or learning or are interested in learning C++/C programming, java, servers, networking, how those technical aspects work, etc. Even if you can't help that way, if you have knowledge of them that alone could be of use too.

If you are unable to help that way, there is also a Writers Guild to re-write the quest dialogue and everything close to exactly how it was in EQOA. Can get you hooked up with that group too and how to help as a writer or if you have vast knowledge of exactly how EQOA was!

But EVEN if you are unable to do either, just supporting it helps too or helping spread the word, or maybe you know a friend that knows somebody that could help! There is definitely nothing wrong with just joining the group and observing and waiting for updates and such.

There is a playable save state of the game where you can run around the world, but that is it. And in the actual reverse engineering process, they have gotten to the server list and gotten a response. Still not in the world yet, but maybe you could help us speed that up!

EQOA was a great game, and I'm convinced with twitchtv and etc that we could actually make it bigger than when it was sunset. P99 had a whole TenTonHammer article done on it, people stream it, etc it stays up and continues growing, so there is nothing to worry about on that front.

The game would work on your PS2 or your PC. We do not condone or endorse piracy. There would be no subscription fee. No one gets paid to work on it. It's something to do if you're passionate about EQOA if you want to get into it when it's back or if you just want to do a good deed for a very appreciative and passionate community that we can still grow. Or if you want to try it out when it's back and want to help, that is awesome too.

If you are interested in EQOA Revival, this Facebook group is where you should go and request to join. It's where most the people are. https://www.facebook.com/groups/445149928880146/

You can join that group and make a post explaining how you want to help if you are interested in helping on the programming end or the writing end and you'll get hooked up with the right people. You can say Jeremy Damen referred you or talked to you if you wish, don't have to though. (But it is a good way to know where we are reaching people when we are looking for help)

If you are interested in just generally talking about EQOA or off-topic stuff and maybe you played EQOA and want to re-connect with players, this is the group you should join, we try to keep off-topic stuff here so that the Revival page doesn't get too cluttered with non-Revival stuff: https://www.facebook.com/groups/EverquestOnlineAdventure/

Thank you and if you have any questions, I could try to answer them on here but it really is best and most useful to join the EQOA Revival group like I explained. We want EQOA back, and we will get back. :D. Thank you everyone at the Emulator Zone for taking time to read and accept my post, and I hope we can get our beloved game back. I know we can/will.