Emulator Problem: Maximus Arcade Front End Not Starting Project 64

stratplaya

Hi,

I'm using Maximus Arcade as my front end and its running MAME, fceux, snes9x, and visual boy advanced perfectly. My project 64 will not start up through MA though. It runs fine on its own. When I select a N64 game from MA, the screen goes black and there is no sound. I've done a lot of research on this and found other user's having an issue where P64 would start, and they could hear the game, but black screen. In my case P64 is not even starting. If i pull up the windows task manager I can see P64 has not even started. When i do this with my other emulators I'll see both MA and that emulator running. I'm currently using the most current version of P64 (v2.1), but I have tried downgrading to several different versions and they all do the same things from MA.

Any ideas/help would be appreciated.

stratplaya

I solved my issue. Was a stupid problem with spaces in the path. I changed the folder name on my desktop from "Mame and Emulators" to just "Emulators" and it worked, but threw lots of errors about things not being where they should be, so I started completely from scratch, uninstalled P64, reinstalled in the new folder, reconfigured MA, and all is well.

So even though all other emulators are ok with something like this:
C:\Users\me\Desktop\Mame and Emulators\P64

Project 64 does not like spaces and needs:
C:\Users\me\Desktop\Emulators\P64

Just one of those small dumb things that can drive you crazy trying to figure out.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Yup, and same with ultraHLE, why coders over look that is beyond me. I see this a lot in software.