DivX and MP3

Jale

I like to convert everything to DivX, but the sound is in PCM format and I want to convert it to MP3 so it won't take too much space. The problen is that AVI files work with WAV files, so the MP3 encoder I have is really shitty. Any idea on where to get a really good MP3 encoder for WAV files? I don't care if it's shareware or freeware.

Jale

me in my last post said:
No man, this is what I don't mean...

I want to encode a WAV file into MP3, but keeping the WAV extension. The encoder that Windows came reaches the 22,050 Hz at 56 kbps and I need to get at least the standard sample format: 44,100 Hz at 128 kbps (48,000 Hz at 360 kbps for DVD sound quality).
Ha! forget what I said above. I just had to add a WAV header into the MP3 files :) Thank you very much.

Last edited:

montpics

I don't prefer encoding with MP3 as it lose a lot of quality while making a video. Prefer RMVB instead. :cool:

montpics

Real Media Video codec. It would convert your video file using Real Media Video codec and Real Audio codec. :cool:

Jale

OK, I'll try.

I think there are already DVD players with DivX support, aren't they?

Jale

I have downloaded a movie today and I cannot convert it to the format I want:

File: South Park - La pelicula-spanish.avi.
Lenght: 1 hour, 13 minutes, 34 seconds.
Size: 151 MB (158.985.239 bytes).

Audio:
Windows Media Audio V8 32 kbps, 32 kHz, stereo.
Video: Windows Media Video V8 704 x 400.

I wish to convert the file to:

Audio: MPEG Layer-3 (MP3).
Video: DivX.

VirtualDub, TMPEncoder and other similar programs won't let me convert them. It says I need a WMV2 thing.

What the heck should I do? :mad:

montpics

Try EO Video (Not free!). I'll use it for some reasons. ;)

Funny though, I'd never heard of WMV codec being used in AVI file? :confused:

RealMedia sucks? No really as I watched a video made in RMVB and it was great as the XviD codecs being used mostly. :cool:

Jale

Now I got a problem with DivX. How can I use the DivX encoder at CBR (Constant Bitrate)? I don't like to make mutipasses. It's very annoying :(