Emulation Advice

Prozac786

Hi!

I'd like to emulate some PS1 and PS2 games, as well as a couple of PSP titles. These are all Final Fantasy titles, which I own. I'm a huge fan of the series, but playing them on console, on a 55" Display, can make your eyes bleed. Increasing their native internal resolution and texture quality, however, can solve that issue. I have my PC hooked up to my TV, paired with a DS4, ready to go.

I'm looking for a little advice on what emulators to use and what setting options to choose, in order to achieve maximum graphical fideltiy. I basically want to max out the settings and dramatically increase the internal resolution of the game, so that it looks the best it can, visually, on a large display. I have a decent built rig, (i7 3770k, GTX 760, Corsair 8GB DDR3). I tested it with MGS Twin Snakes on Dolphin, set the internal resolution to 4 times native, output resolution to 1080p and everything ran smoothly, the game looked great. So I think it should be able to handle the performance side of things.

Games I'll be emulating -

Final Fantasy 1-9 (PS1)
Final Fantasy 12 (PS2)
Dissidia 1 + 2 and Crisis Core (PSP)

Please advise! Thank you

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Final Fantasy 1-9 (PS1) This one will be easy with ePSXe 1.9.0, just used the dx7 and max it all out.

Final Fantasy 12 (PS2)
This one you will need pcsx2 but you may not get smooth playable speeds with max res.

Dissidia 1 + 2 and Crisis Core (PSP) I dont know much about psp.

down51

EPSXE is the best emulator for PS1.
and for PSP. Use PPSSPP. it works perfect for me.
I'm playing Dissidia on PPSSPP without single problem..