Pokemon Emerald "Real Time Clock Fix" on VBA - didn't work?

lostcause

Pretty sure I started my game about 2 weeks ago at 1:35 am. Today after getting the 7th gym badge, I realized my planted berries weren't growing after 5 or 6 days. I tried doing Options > Emulator > and checked Real Time Clock, and then changing the save type to Flash 128K, and then Flash instead of Automatic, and then I fly back to littleroot after 5-10 mins and it's still 1:35 am. Do I have to start a new game for this to actually work? Or do I have to download vba-over.ini and get automatic settings to work? But wouldn't that wipe out my save files?

Sorry, I couldn't find any other subforum to post this in so it's going in here.

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
That sounds odd! Ive never heard of that not working. Have you tried going to the VBA forums and seeing if they know anything?

Mr. X

Real Time Clock is frequently used to fix the berry glitch from Ruby or Saphire, but I think that the glitch is abscent on Emerald version.
I would copy your sav to prevent problems, and try vba-over.ini, or just as Mupen64 Man said, go to the VBA forum and ask there.