Surveillance Cameras: Invasion of privacy or safety device?

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Surveillance cameras and tracking devices are popping up everywhere. It's been estimated that each of us, on average, is captured on a surveillance camera more than 20 times a day.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
They installed many cameras due to security reasons for the 2004 Olympics but there is a tiny problem. The Olympics are over and the cameras are still there =_=

montpics

Funny, I don't know what the authorities will do with the huge numbers of camera which were not used at all. :rolleyes:

Camera Surveillance? Say NO from me especially my own house! :cool:

RockY

L H D T P M
They can be really usefull when solving cases of murder, kidnapping, violation or robbery.

So I think they are ok, I want to place one in front of my house...

Fable

Urban Ninja
if you want one, you get the package, which includes bathroom, living room, kitchen, and of course, one facing your computer screen.

Robert

I think unless there is a sign next to each camera saying you're being watched, then it is an invasion of privacy.

Zach

The only time privacy is truly being invaded is

A) Capturing you in or on your own property
B) Capturing you in a public restroom.
I'd even put cameras in a restorom, but only facing the entrance. You'd be surprised how many crimes/kidnappings occur in a public restroom

A camera anywhere else is pretty defendable. Traffic cameras, private property /security cameras (in stores and malls) etc, are all helpful to us.

montpics

Neco said:
.....You'd be surprised how many crimes/kidnappings occur in a public restroom
Whatever you said but for me, I'll stick with my own principles. Very much annoyed to me in case you are in quiet place and surroundings. :cool:

F

froster1990

Still, the fact that some fat guy is eating donut while watching you in the bathroom would be a creepy idea.

Zach

thats assuming the camera is manned at any specific time. A lot of cameras aren't manned 24/7, however the bathroom is just an example.