Emulator Problem: Mess Emulation problems CD-I bios and roms loading.

251Mario

I'm having trouble with Mess emulator that evolves with CD-I. I have the bios and the roms. Every time I load mess with cd-I with a rom it keeps saying bios not found or rom files are missing. Can someone help me with this problem I would really appreciated thank you.:)

malloc4096

I'm not familiar with MESS or CD-I, but it relates to a diff question i had which you may have seen.. This may not be the easyest way to resolve your prob with MESS. however it will at least put you on the right track.

If your on Windows, open the command prompt and type the following
just substitute the proper directory "paths" and "name" for what your searching for
if its a long strange name, just use part of the name for the search, the part your certain is correct
Code:
FIND /I "name" "C:\path\to\mess\hash\cdi.xml">>"C:\path\to\mess_name.txt"

then after you open the output TXT file, you can verify your rom is named properly, and use a checksum application to hash your rom to verify its checksum against the one in MESS's xml ...it will be either a CRC32, MD5 or SHA hash. I just use an old app called "fsum" to create file hashs, but its old i dunno if it would work on newer windows. sorry i don't have recomendations there but I'm sure theres a lot of options out there these days.

Do the same with the BIOS, best to actually start with the bios. If the BIOS isn't in the cdi.xml i would assume it would then have to be in
Code:
mess -listcrc >>"C:\path\to\mess_listcrc.txt"
in which case you could search the listcrc same as b4 to find the proper name if thats the issue...
or if its named correctly you dont need to search and can just make sure your PATH in "mess.ini" is set correctly and run
Code:
mess -verifyroms "name"
no file extention on mame/mess verifyrom cmd. for example if its "cdi-bios.zip" , just run "cdi-bios" (i don't know if its named that its just an example)

*EDIT* fyi, i explained the indirect way above how to verify from the .xml file because i already did a quick test on some of my own console roms, and the -verifyroms command does not seem to operate for the console xml's... just the "listcrc". I can script it so its not an issue to me... however if there is a mess command to automate the process for the console xml's and anyone knows it, please do post it, as it would help others and simplify things.

Last edited: