QuickPlay fans

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Heads up Quick-play has found a new lead developer.
http://www.quickplayfrontend.com/index.php?showtopic=495&pid=2076&st=0&#entry2076

Links would not transfer over.
Get it here

Released through sheer bloody-mindedness: It's the first official fully-posted release since 2006. Yes, you read that right!!!!!!! Thanks to Ulao for hosting the binary file in the meantime. A lot has changed since 2006 :ph34r: ..........You STILL can't beat QuickPlay for speed, simplicity, and comprehensiveness.

Let me give you just one isolated example. You can download some GameBase database Romdata files for QuickPlay from HERE. Say you have Gamebase64 - it has data for about 22 THOUSAND games. The Romdata loads up in QuickPlay instantaneously and navigation is effortless. Why? TBH, we don't really know, we've never done the full scientific investigation/comparison that would be needed.....there seems to be nothing particularly special about the libs used, the architecture and the search algorithms. But it just all works so very very fast...if you try the same in Gamebase itself - it...is...a...little...slow...(as you'd expect). We're all blaming Delphi.

And check out our new EFind released with QuickPlay - no need to download EFinds separately from the Forums here anymore. There are a lot of emulators setup. You can help us to add more.

Hopefully the future might bring people actually helping me to make this kind of frontend - rather than the 'complex massive showy MAME cabinet' style of frontend. Personally I just want kids to be able to play old games, quickly and without fuss....

Thanks as ever to John Scott the creator. 8 years you've been gone. We know not where. We're still trying to find what happened to you.....if anyone knows please contact us!

PLEASE SEE HERE FOR BASIC INFO ON THE CHANGES IN THE NEW VERSION

Thanks to everyone who made this happen, particularly Tempest, Kipper, Zack, Ciro and CorneliousJD.

Enjoy the new version of QuickPlay and please post your bugs and features at SourceForge...

Last edited: