Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Problem with Genesis, 32X and Sega CD controls on fusion emulator

  1. #1
    Forum Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    8

    Default Problem with Genesis, 32X and Sega CD controls on fusion emulator

    Some of you guys probably know about the fusion emulator, which is a emulator for every Sega system preceding the Sega Saturn. Anyway, I am having problems with the Genesis controls. I define the 3 button or 6 button controller, but when i try to load the game it thinks i am already pressing buttons without me touching anything (it starts juttering the start button on and off for example) I know that neither my keyboard is broken nor my joypad is broken because I have tried both the Master system roms through fusion which work perfectly and i have tried disconnecting my joypad but the problem is still persisting. I also know the roms themselves are not at fault because I have tried several genesis and 32x games yet the juttering pause and start button presses persist. Does this issue sound familiar to anyone that has used the Fusion emulator? If so what is the solution?

    Thanks in advance for any advice.

  2. #2
    Controller Man ulaoulao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    3,391

    Default Re: Problem with Genesis, 32X and Sega CD controls on fusion emulator

    This is actually a very common problem. It depends on the joystick you are using. Sometimes it detect button and sometimes analogs sticks. If you can not find a way to settle the random pressing you must do it manually. Looks at the ini under the

    ;---------------------------------
    ; General Settings
    ;---------------------------------

    for example

    Player1Buttons=34,35,32,33,1,2,0,9,48,49,10,8,8,9, 10,11

    each number is a button, I'm pretty sure these are in order as asked on the emulator but not 100% on that.
    Original, the only way to play.

    Forums
    main page - Working controllers

  3. #3
    Forum Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    8

    Default Re: Problem with Genesis, 32X and Sega CD controls on fusion emulator

    ok i found the settings you are referring to. How should i alter it?

  4. #4
    Controller Man ulaoulao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    3,391

    Default Re: Problem with Genesis, 32X and Sega CD controls on fusion emulator

    it's a guessing game but I will tell you the bigger numbers are analogs. For example the first 4 of my above example are stick moments. then you see it goes to HID numbers (1,2,0,9,) button 1 2 0 and 9 on the joystick. If the emulator lets you press any buttons it will help find out what buttons are what numbers. If you can not get the emulator to do anything because it just reads one button, then you have to figure this out one button at a time. If you have more then one joystick and its the same kind, you can copy the number to another player.
    Original, the only way to play.

    Forums
    main page - Working controllers

  5. #5
    Forum Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    8

    Default Re: Problem with Genesis, 32X and Sega CD controls on fusion emulator

    Quote Originally Posted by ulaoulao View Post
    it's a guessing game but I will tell you the bigger numbers are analogs. For example the first 4 of my above example are stick moments. then you see it goes to HID numbers (1,2,0,9,) button 1 2 0 and 9 on the joystick. If the emulator lets you press any buttons it will help find out what buttons are what numbers. If you can not get the emulator to do anything because it just reads one button, then you have to figure this out one button at a time. If you have more then one joystick and its the same kind, you can copy the number to another player.
    The difficulty is that when I load a Genesis or 32X game, the juttering start button starts off the bat, whether or not there is a controller attached to the computer.

  6. #6
    Controller Man ulaoulao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    3,391

    Default Re: Problem with Genesis, 32X and Sega CD controls on fusion emulator

    So this only happens when you load a game? So you can config the controller ok before you load a game? and its only 32x?
    Original, the only way to play.

    Forums
    main page - Working controllers

  7. #7
    Forum Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    8

    Default Re: Problem with Genesis, 32X and Sega CD controls on fusion emulator

    Quote Originally Posted by ulaoulao View Post
    So this only happens when you load a game? So you can config the controller ok before you load a game? and its only 32x?
    The problem happens when I load a Genesis, 32X or Sega CD game.

    Master System and Game Gear seems to work fine.

  8. #8
    Controller Man ulaoulao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    3,391

    Default Re: Problem with Genesis, 32X and Sega CD controls on fusion emulator

    Ok then the problem is so obvious it will make you laugh. Go back to the config menu, you will see the ge/32/cd config is one top and the MS/GG is on bottom. Now you still didnt answer my question.

    "So you can config the controller ok before you load a game? "
    - so maybe you have two problems? You must configure both of them. If you can not get the buttons to map right you need to do what I suggested above.
    Original, the only way to play.

    Forums
    main page - Working controllers

  9. #9
    Forum Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    8

    Default Re: Problem with Genesis, 32X and Sega CD controls on fusion emulator

    Quote Originally Posted by ulaoulao View Post
    Ok then the problem is so obvious it will make you laugh. Go back to the config menu, you will see the ge/32/cd config is one top and the MS/GG is on bottom. Now you still didnt answer my question.

    "So you can config the controller ok before you load a game? "
    - so maybe you have two problems? You must configure both of them. If you can not get the buttons to map right you need to do what I suggested above.
    I am aware that the GE/32X/CD and MS/GG are on the config screen. I tried defining these at the same time, but the problem with the genesis games is still persisting. It allows me to define the controllers, but for some reason it is only working without any fault for MS/GG.

    It is less than obvious to me how i am supposed to apply your above solution, since for one thing the start button function is pressing, regardless of whether or not i have actual controller attached.
    Last edited by thomas81; July 30th, 2014 at 02:58.

  10. #10
    Controller Man ulaoulao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    3,391

    Default Re: Problem with Genesis, 32X and Sega CD controls on fusion emulator

    the start button function is pressing, regardless of whether or not i have actual controller attached.
    during mapping or in game?
    for some reason it is only working without any fault for MS/GG.
    still sounds like the mapping failed.

    Start by posting your "General Settings" ini code in here and ill have a look.
    Last edited by ulaoulao; July 30th, 2014 at 12:49.
    Original, the only way to play.

    Forums
    main page - Working controllers

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •