Web Design Emulation

sasquatch101

I currently make websites for companies. But a lot of the times I dont feel like dishin out the cash for web design software. Most of the basics I have licensed eg. Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, FrontPage, etc. My question is, for those of you that make websites from pirated software, would know if it would be a bad idea to pirate some software that you post on your site, such as flash applets(not free) or what I got today SwishMax.

A friend of mine told me that companies do random searches for their software and see if the webmaster is a registered buyer. I wanted to use open cubes NavStudio (DHTML menu bar program) But I'm afraid if its out there(on the internet) I would be MORE likely to get caught resulting in a large lawsuit...

So if you have any information I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance

Zach

Ok so what exactly are you emulating ?

All you've talked about so far is breaking the law.
Thats not emulation, not by a long shot.

montpics

Neco said:
Ok so what exactly are you emulating ?

All you've talked about so far is breaking the law.
Thats not emulation, not by a long shot.
That's called warez and truly you are trying to break the law. :cool:

Zach

Emulation is not illegal

I don't know how told you otherwise, but they took you for a ride.

montpics

Simply to say that what do you mean by Web Design Emulation? All things you mentioned is about making/publish a website using a pirated softwares. Those kind of thing is not emulators related for the first place.

Try to understand what is emulator before posting this. We are not blaming you as all you did was totally misunderstand that word.

Thinking that I should move this topic to a good place. :cool: