ePSXe Crash Team Racing Black Border Problem (Assymmetric)

Panteroxid

I am using ePSXe 1.9.0 in Windows 7(64-bit). Crash Team Racing has been giving me trouble for a couple of days, the game works fine, but the lower part of the game screen is not displayed and there is a big black border ontop of the window. I have tried all the resolutions, with every aspect ratio and basically every option in Pete's openGL2 video plugin

The game is still playable, but the drift boost meter should be visible in the lower right corner, under the map. It becomes unplayable in split screen though.

480p is the config that seems to work better, if I change to a 16:9 resolution like 1080p it gets worse. Can somebody tell me how to fix this? the black border on top confuses me, like the emulator is rendering the screen wrong, I don't have experience with emulators. Any help would be appreciated.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
The way to fix things like this is to save the game close to that point (not save state) use another plugin base like duddie's or darkmans (we have a plug section here) then Load the game, pass that point you need and then go back to the old plug in. Also you can sometimes find a plug-in that works better for a game and just keep using it.

Panteroxid

It's not a specific part of the game, its constantly there, i would post a screenshot if i wasn't new here :C

Anyway, I'll try other plugin, but I can't seem to find the section here and Darkman's plugin turns nothing into google