NBA Street 2 issue (Gamecube)

pr0phecy

Hi guys,

This is my first forum post as I installed the newest Dolphin GameCube/Wii emulator (version 4.0.2 64-bit) yesterday on my Surface Pro 2.
Whenever I run NBA Street 2, the video at the beginning of the game is distorted, as well as the in-game boxed "dunk" videos when you want to see how a dunk looks like before selecting/unlocking one.
The game itself, when I play it, works wonderfully without any glitches of any kind. It's just the pre-recorded dunk videos (and the intro video when you boot up the game, but I don't mind that) which I can't see. I have tried various settings but I can't seem to find the solution. Can someone who also use the newest Dolphin check if they have the same issue with NBA Street 2?

Thanks a lot guys! Cheers!

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
I dont have the game but Dolphin is a HLE(high level emulator). That may not mean much to you but it pretty much comes to this. HLE emulation is a art of guessing not emulating. The coder tries to "guess" what the game code means and should do. So if the game plays, they stop the guessing... Things that are non game dependent like video are very low on the list to fix.

https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=NBA_Street_Vol._2

as you can see the green bar is not full yet.

Though I must ask why do you want the videos to look right? Emulators do there best but never are to be taken as a replacement to the real thing. Sure some games can do it but not all, and trust me no video vs cant play is a really good thing.

pr0phecy

Thank you so much for the feedback! I understand the "guessing" game now thanks! The reason why I want to see the "dunk" videos (again, NOT the intro video of the game, couldn't care less about that because it's not integral for the gameplay):
In the game you can unlock special dunks for each player (there are a lot). When highlighting a special dunk, you can see in that embedded video box what the dunk looks like. That way you can only get the dunks you like. So in a way, this contributes to the gameplay if you know what I mean. It would be nice if this would work, but I can live without it. The game plays amazingly smooth so I'm not complaining too much ;) Thanks for the link, very helpful! :)