What is the difference between Final Fantasy II 1.0 and 1.1?!

WaOnFiRe

Hello allo,

I'm new to emulation... I wanted to know what is the difference between a ROM that says version 1.0 and 1.1? I have Final Fantasy II and III for Super NES (US versions) and their is 2 versions of each game. Wich one if the best and what are the differences? Thanks a lot and see ya!

TiredBoy

If they're ROMs of the U.S. versions, I'd find it odd that there're multiple versions unless translation patches were applied. The higher version's probably safer. As for differences between the U.S. and Japanese releases, should you ever care to know, these are the major ones:

Final Fantasy 4
Final Fantasy 4 (Hardtype) - Original Japanese release, released in Final Fantasy Chronicles (U.S.)
Final Fantasy 2 U.S. - Graphical sensoring, difficulty reduced, text censoring, dialogue changed to avoid certain connotations, Cecil's "Dark Wave" ability removed, "dragon knight" changed to "dragoon" (the last one is by far the most important! :p)
Final Fantasy 4 (Easytype) - Translation of Final Fantasy 2 U.S.

Final Fantasy 6
Final Fantasy 6 - Original Japanese release, released in U.S. in "Final Fantasy Anthology"
Final Fantasy 3 U.S. - Slight text censoring, name changes

Basically, it's censoring. Slightly censored versions, more faithful to the original Japanese dialogues, were released in the respective PS packages, though in Japan, FF4-6 were released together as "Final Fantasy Anthology."

WaOnFiRe

Yes they are US versions and not translated. I used Good SNES to be sure of their names. So it's probably only bug fixes...