Xbox 360 Xenia project update

AtommicAstro

Well, if you've looked around for emus for XB360 you might have found the Xenia project. This is real. Here's the Github: https://github.com/benvanik/xenia

You're probably wondering, "Why keep posting stuff like Xbox 360 emulation this blablabla emulation that?". Because I feel like posting it. Hate me for it if you want, complain about it if you want. I just won't listen. :happy:

Anyway, for anyone actually here for the news, here it is. It finally runs a game! It might not be a big accomplishment for an emulator that's been indev for 4 years, but XB360 is not as easy to emulate as NES or other consoles. It runs the 2008 XBLA game "Frogger 2". And no, he did NOT say you can get an executable for the emulator. And no, it doesn't run anything else. (yet) But it's still kind of cool.

But it still has FAR to go before being to your satisfaction. For it only runs 1 simple game at a bad framerate with graphical bugs. But I still think this is good news, because hey, better than not running any games.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
It might not be a big accomplishment for an emulator that's been indev for 4 years
Are you kidding? That is a great accomplishment, congratulations!!! I have 0 interest in anything xbox related but I have all the respect in the world for emulation. Keep up the amazing work. Correct me if I'm wrong but is this the "emulator" that tries to convert xbox to DX/windows?

blueshogun96

The Old Kid
I was going to post this here, but someone already beat me to it. But still my point stands... I told you so! Now, how long have I been telling you peeps that this day was coming, and that it IS possible on modern hardware? A long azz time! I've told you all time after time after time after time again, but nooooooooo, you all wouldn't listen to me! Now eat it!

lol :D

Although I hate Xbox 360 with a passion, I do want to see it emulated. For fun, I'd like to build the source, and play around with a few Xbox Live demos I have laying around.

Correct me if I'm wrong but is this the "emulator" that tries to convert xbox to DX/windows?

1. No, that's Cxbx.
2. You can't "convert" Xbox to DirectX/Windows. It's more complicated than that.

Last edited:

noblaya

Hi !

Sorry for the up, but it's just amazing what they've done.

But I'm wondering why they don't use an another way to play 360 games on a PC ? Isn't it """easier""" to unpack a 360 iso game (default.xex) at the source code state, to repack it in a PC version (default.exe) ??? What do you think about it ? It is possible ?

Last edited:

DemonWrath

O MY GOD.
I AM SO LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS!!!
CAN I DONATE SOME MONEY TO HELP???
I know Java Code? so if i can help i would be glad to!!
THIS IS SO AWESOME
i have been waiting for this for years!!
if this works on all xbox games (as long as the halo series work!!)
i will buy a gaming tablet (possibly Razer Edge )
and make a xbox tablet out of it!!
I FUCKING LOVE YOUR WORK!!

LegoManIAm94

I heard from somehwere xenia was actually a virus? Is that true or was that at one time? Im always skeptical of emulators that are not posted on our website to safely download. I really want a virus free Xbox 360 emulator or even a Xbox Original Emulator that can play many games.

blueshogun96

The Old Kid
I heard from somehwere xenia was actually a virus? Is that true or was that at one time? Im always skeptical of emulators that are not posted on our website to safely download. I really want a virus free Xbox 360 emulator or even a Xbox Original Emulator that can play many games.

It's real.

Shogun.