Emulator Problem: Emulator Problem: SNES9X now runs too fast

ketsujin

Emulator Problem: SNES9X runs too fast [Fixed]

I've been using SNES 9X 1.53 [win32] for a while with no problems. Today, I installed Project64 to try it out. Upon switching back to SNES to play FFV, the game was way too sped up [all games are now sped up].
Searching the forum, I came across topics about other emulators speeding up, like Dolphin, etc, but not SNES. Their solutions, which didn't necessarily apply to SNES, were to adjust the frame-rate. I thought that made sense, but looking within settings I couldnt seem to find anything like that, other than frame-skipping [which doesn't fix it].
The odd thing was that I hadn't made any changes within SNES, and the only change in my computers state was installing Project64 [which I uninstalled (sys restored, actually)].
Can anyone point me towards the fix? Thanks for any help.

I checked under the Hot-keys menu for the "speed-up, speed-down" option [default " - " and "= ". Pressing these keys did nothing; it prints out the speed in ms per frame, but does nothing to actually change the games speed.
Please, if you've got an idea, I'd be grateful. Just got settled into FFV and now its not playable. :(

FIX:
I looked into snes9x.conf to find anything worthwhile. Then I figured I'd just delete it and have it make a new one. This solved the problem. It gave me an error about XSound etc, but it also did this on initial install. Under the sound tab, I just had it switched to SNES Direct Sound, and things sound fine. For a second I was worried my save states weren't going to work [got a bad check-sum at one point upon load], but no issue there as well.
As well that ends.

Last edited: