Emulator Problem: RPCS3 Not Loading Isos

gondracorn

Okay, so I have a game, but the disc is broken. No, really, the disc is broken. I have a PS3... but it won't read the disc! It spins around and around but it won't do a thing. Finally, sometimes, it will tell me "Not a readable disc. Please insert a Playstation/Blueray/DVD/CD" something like that.

So, I tried it on my computer. It didn't work. I went to tech support (a private one). They managed to extract an iso copy from the disc, but that's pretty much the extent of what they could do. Still, the disc won't play in my PS3. I'm stuck with Dragon's Dogma not working, and an Iso File, and an Iso Disc Copy that doesn't work! Oh yeah, I requested a copy of the iso file for self purposes on backup, incase it didn't work. It costed more, but I think it will be worth it.

My question is, when I tell my rpcs3 to load Game from the folder that Dragon's Dogma iso file is in, or even the DVD Drive, why doesn't it register. I even tried mounting it!

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
RPCS3 is an experimental PlayStation 3 (PS3) emulator. Currently usable only for small homebrew, it aims to eventually emulate the PS3 fully.
What part of that makes you think it will work with commercial games?

You only bet is to get the ISO burned back on a DVD. I dont know how to do that but its been done.