Emulator GUI / frontend question...

Devn

Hello!

I've recently got into emulators and looking for a graphical way to select which emulator I'd like to use, and also which rom for said emulator.

I've got some search results for frontend programs but seems to be mostly for mame games.

I want a simple application I can open which shows me the emulators I have installed (zsnes, project64) and which roms I have for those emulators. Is this possible? Currently I'm opening each emulation program manually and going to my rom directory to select what I'd like to play. It's not too big of a deal or difficult but would be nice to have.

Thanks for any help!

Last edited:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Simple to use you will find, simple to set up you wont. There are many great front ends but you need to decided what you want. Two examples.

Pop, wow, jazz, animations and eye candy galore... HyperSpin. Difficulty in setting up 1 easy 10 hard (7 for most).
Powerful quick, some may saying boring, but gets the job done QuickPlay. Difficulty ( 3 ).

I tried so many front ends but always come back to QuickPlay. Where most people try to get a nice look and feel QuickPlay focuses on the point.

Also you need to state if your making using a desktop based emulator or making a arcade style. Again QuickPlay is more for the desktop approach where Hyperspin is designed for arcade systems.

Last edited:

Devn

Great information. I'm looking for a desktop version. I should have mentioned that. Quick play sounds like a good way to go. Don't mind too much about looks. Just want a working way to have all emulators in one place

I'll do some research into it and try it out. Thanks for the help!