Current Build Upgrade or other suggestions

epicrean

This is what I am currently running... Looking for opinions and or upgrades suggestions to get the best performance!

I emulate everything from the Atari to the PS3!!!!

Cooler Master Elite 130

GIGABYTE GA-Z87N-WIFI Motherboard

Intel Core i7 3.5GHz Quad-Core

Kingston SSD 120GB ~~~ OS Only ~~~

Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200 Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200

Blu-ray 14K Burner

CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB)DDR3 1600

Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB 256-Bit GDDR5

EPiC

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Atari to the PS3!!!!
There is no ps3 emulator that shows graphics?

Emulation depends on 2 main parts, your cpu and your memory config.

TIPS
1)Anything more the 2 gig of ram is an over kill
2)Anything over 4 cores are an overkill
3)AMD products preform slower.
4) i7 gives you nothing over i5, its an over kill.
5) Over clocking is the holy grail to emulation.

Your cpu listed does not give us much info because you didnt include the model but that is the thing you want to change. Haswell chips preform the best right now but that means a new MB. Its also good to have a video card that handle hi res with a high clock but its not essential unless you run dolphin or pcsx2 at high res. When it comes to memory, make sure to get a good match for the cpu.

If you need to go cheaper tr the ivy chip set. I have yet to see a game bring my chip to its knees. ( clocked to 5.0 ).

Your cpu listed does not give us much info because you didnt include the model but that is the thing you want to change. Haswell chips preform the best right now but that means a new MB. Its also good to have a video card that handle hi res with a high clock but its not essential unless you run dolphin or pcsx2 at high res. When it comes to memory, make sure to get a good match for the cpu.
It is an haswell chip, only haswell cpus are compatible with that chipset.