Emulator Problem: Mame CarnEvil/ Gauntlet Legends or other CHD problems they run very slow.

251Mario

Hi I been having trouble with CarnEvil or Gauntlet legends or other CHD games on Mame. Everytime I load these roms they load good but after that it runs very slow. I tried everything to fix this problem such as Frame Skipping automatic or turn off triple buffing. I have the fastest laptop that loads quite fast video speed is great as well. Is their a way to fix this problem? I would really appreciated if someone can help me thanks.

251Mario

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
curious about 2 things.

1) what are your system specs, cpu speed mainly.
2) Have you checked for a fragmented HD.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Well if you dont know either of those I bet they both may be your issue.

You dont really go any where to get the specs, you just should know them. If you bought a computer off the shelf chances are its written on the system its self. Some times if you right click on "my computer" and choose properties its in there. Otherwise find the model number on the system sticker and we can look it up. As for this de-fragment thing, it not as such of a concern on new OS's and computers. So I really need to know what you have before I can show you how to use it or if it could be an issue.

251Mario

Yes its window 8 here is the video card GEForce GTX 670MX, Model number is 7244 or its G75VX-BHI7N11. Hope this is right thanks.

251Mario

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
To be honest this is not a bad laptop. I'm going to guess you have download the wrong build of mame. When downloading there are AMD and INTEL version, also 32 and 64 bit versions. If you are using mame and not mame ui, what version of mame do you have?

for example

mame0152b.exe 16833 KB MAME 0.152 Windows command-line binaries.
mame0152b_i686.exe 17458 KB MAME 0.152 Windows command-line binaries (I686 optimized).
mame0152b_64bit.exe 18893 KB MAME 0.152 64-bit Windows command-line binaries.
mame0152b_debug.exe 18389 KB MAME 0.152 Windows command-line binaries (debug build).

I686 is for AMD so you would want number 3. Also you dont want to download load the latest! You must match to your games, so what ever version you have now, is what you need to re-get. The mame version can be had by right clicking on mame.exe and going to properties.

So first off what mame do you have now?

251Mario

Its MameUI32 0.123. If Theirs a problem can you tell me where to find a good emulator? If its all right with you.

251Mario

251Mario

I'm having trouble finding that particular version of mame I might damage my computer if I download the version mame64uiexe 123. Can you be more specific on what website this version is on? Thanks.

251Mario

251Mario

Hi ulaoulao I don't know if you got my message or not I ask you question. I'm having trouble finding that particular version of mame I might damage my computer if I download the version mame64uiexe 123. Can you be more specific on what website this version is on? Thanks.

251Mario

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
I might damage my computer if I download the version mame64uiexe 123
No you wont damage your computer, that is ridicules. Go back to post #10 and download what I recommended. I could not find the 123 version but I'm not really good at finding mame versions, maybe someone else can help you on that.

Last edited:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
You do realize these two statements are opposites of one another, right?

Still can't find tha Mameui64 123 version.
All I find is the MameUI64.123 EXE That's all.

Any ways.,. I told you to try the link on post 10, go back to page one where I sent you a link. Down load that version and try your game. your not going to hurt your computer? If you can't follow simple instructions why ask for help?

251Mario

Hi Forget it I appreciated you helping me out. I did what you said where to go its still can't find it the same look all over I understand perfectly thanks

251Mario