help with bsnes/higan

guru8bit

ok, lets do this... Please dont take this insulting its for my understanding.

Do a directory listing on C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/snes/
If its more the 100 files, then sort by intention and show me the first page of files.
I moved the rom folder to C:/roms, but there are no more than 10 files.

also ( assuming this is xp or win7 ) go to the run prompt and put in exactly ( no quotes ).
C:/higan/higan.exe C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/snes/smw.sfc

if that fails try this.

run the command prompt ( cmd )
at the prompt do a
cd C:/higan/
then do a
higan C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/snes/smw.sfc

Tell me if that works?

Bot of these only launch the emulator. Yes, I changed "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/snes/smw.sfc" to my rom folder.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
I moved the rom folder to C:/roms, but there are no more than 10 files.
ok you missed a step. Did you get my pm? Extract that in to the folder. and try
C:/higan/higan.exe c:/roms/smw.sfc
again

guru8bit

Sorry, I forgot I had moved them to another bsnes folder.
Moved everything in /roms. I type the command. Emulator comes up but with no game.

guru8bit

But looks like controller inputs are not working...
Might be my controller, even if they worked in 094.

Nope, it's just not getting any of the inputs. Not even from the keyboard.

Last edited:

guru8bit

I'm using a PS3 controller masked as an Xbox controller, so I can use it on Steam. But the emulator is not even receiving inputs from my keyboard, I don't think it's the controller.

Tried v092, same problem with that one too.

I guess I'll have to wait until v095, lol.

Last edited:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
no, I think 94 will be updated soon. They are good about that. Maybe be 0941 I dont know. But your issue with the controller/keyboard is not a problem with a normal computer setup or I would have the same issue on 93 and I dont;) Fortunately you said 94 works, so whatever is up they fixed in 94. Now you just need this command issue resolved. I'll keep you posted.

guru8bit

I'm starting to think that these two problems are connected. In v093r11 you can't input from controller, but you can run the emulator with a game. In v093r12, you can change inputs, but the quickload is gone.
Weird.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Well I talked to the author. In 94 he changed the interface. Command lines will only open higan and go to the right game type tab. He expects the user to run the game. No, I dont agree with that, yes its stupid, ok maybe even a bit retarded but its BYUU he does what he wants and cares not of anyone. Its just who he is... So 93 will be the last version to ever work via command line.

So I guess we need to figure out your controller issues, that I can prolly help you with as its my line of work. I'll have to get back to you.

in the mean time, I'm asking for a way to use 94 command line with some special script file or script language. Heres hopping...

guru8bit

Heh, it's a pity, with that perfect emulation it would have been perfect to use on steam to fully simulate playing a SNES.
Now I'm trying to find the config file in 93r11, maybe I can edit it manually.