Emulator Problem: Close Snes9x with controller

guru8bit

Hello, I've been trying to set up my snes games as shorcuts in Steam, so that I don't need to find the emulator and the game eveytime I want to play. Now I have an exe file that can be started from within Steam's Big Picture that starts the emulator and the game I want to play. Everything works perfectly, the only problem that keeps bugging me is that the only way I have to close Snes9x to go back to Big Picture is to use Alt+f4.

I thought there would be a way to change this by the shortcuts option, but nope, it's not there. I've tried using JoytoKey to map select=alt and start=f4, and made it start with game and emulator, and it kinda works, apart from the fact that select works as an ON/OFF Alt button. So if I press it one time, it stays activated. Basically, now, when I push start+select the emulator closes, that I have to push start+select again to close JoytoKey, but then ALT stays activated, and if I open another game and press start to pause it or start it, the emulator closes again.

Is there an easier way to close snes9x from a controller?

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member

guru8bit

Yeah, I took the Joytokey idea from there.
The exit shortcut, however, is not in my build, and the testbuild linked there isn't available anymore.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
figures... Yeah looks like no way to exit it but alt f4. I'd scratch snes9x though, bsnes is now finished and every game is %100 compatible. Though, you need some horsepower to run that emulator.

Made a new post for this here

Last edited:

fpaganini

Hi dude,
i use this opensource project

fpaganini.github.io/CloseEmulator/

i hope you enjoy it.

if you have some doubt, please call me.

seraniz

Banned
Hello, I've been trying to set up my snes games as shorcuts in Steam, so that I don't need to find the emulator and the game eveytime I want to play. Now I have an exe file that can be started from within Steam's Big Picture that starts the emulator and the game I want to play. Everything works perfectly, the only problem that keeps bugging me is that the only way I have to close Snes9x to go back to Big Picture is to use Alt+f4. Redtube Beeg Spankbang

I thought there would be a way to change this by the shortcuts option, but nope, it's not there. I've tried using JoytoKey to map select=alt and start=f4, and made it start with game and emulator, and it kinda works, apart from the fact that select works as an ON/OFF Alt button. So if I press it one time, it stays activated. Basically, now, when I push start+select the emulator closes, that I have to push start+select again to close JoytoKey, but then ALT stays activated, and if I open another game and press start to pause it or start it, the emulator closes again.

Is there an easier way to close snes9x from a controller?
Yeah, I took the Joytokey idea from there.
The exit shortcut, however, is not in my build, and the testbuild linked there isn't available anymore.

Last edited: