Game Problem: Pcsx2 pixel shader

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Regardless, you could not play pcsx2 with a computer that uses that card, unless you just not using the e-pci slot? Beyond that, this card would not in any way handle pcsx2, and to answer the question, no. You need 2.0.

you may know this but info here.

And here are the pcsx2 requirements.
Minimum (most games will be unplayable slow)

Windows/Linux OS
CPU: Any that supports SSE2 (Pentium 4 and up, Athlon64 and up)
GPU: Any that supports Pixel Shader model 2.0, except Nvidia FX series (broken SM2.0, too slow anyway)
512MB RAM (note that Windows Vista needs at least 2GB to run reliably)

Recommended

Windows Vista / Windows 7 (32bit or 64bit) with the latest DirectX
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 3.2 GHz or better OR i3/i5/i7 @ 2,8 GHz or better OR AMD Phenom II @ 3,2 GHz or better
GPU: 8800gt or better (for Direct3D10 support)
RAM: 1GB on Linux/Windows XP, 2GB or more on Vista / Windows 7

Items in red I'm guessing are where you are lacking.

Last edited:

testmachine

Old member
I think that there are older revisions of PCSX2 bundled with older plugins that are able to run without PS 2.0, but I would recommend you not to try it because it's way too much than the GFX card can handle. :)

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
I think that there are older revisions of PCSX2 bundled with older plugins that are able to run without PS 2.0, but I would recommend you not to try it because it's way too much than the GFX card can handle. :)

the mx 40 was top of the line in the year 2000 or so, its was basically useless by 03. PCSX2 was first released March 23, 2002. So yeah try the first few version but dont expect much from it.