Emulator Problem: Still Trying to Fix Trough Doors Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

clules

Hi, still seeking an answer to why I cannot equip an item and maintain it as I pass through a door . Because of this I cannot retrieve the set of missiles in the overhanging rock in Maridia. I know nothing about thses types of things, roms, ems... so I'm including some OPTIONS info on the ZSNESW151. And if anyone knows what should be checked or whatever to make it possible for me to pass through a door and hold an equipped item or make that Shinespark, please help me to figure it out.

Under SYSTEMS: Enable MMX Support is checked; Disable Power Management is also Checked: Unchecked are Pause EMU In Background and Increase EMU Priority.

Next is GFX ENGINES --------------------- SSHOTS:
Checked Use New GFX ENG -------------- BMP (white circle)
------------------------------------------------ PNG (black dot circle)
Under ROM:
All 3 options are checked, they are: Log ROM INFO; Show ROM Info On Load; Enable IPS Auto-Patching

The OVERLAYS are unchecked: Show Clock; Show FPS Center on EMU Load.

The MESSAGES are both unchecked: Show SMALL or TRANSPARENT TEXT

Thanks all...

Last edited:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
I dont know what game we are talking about here, or what emulator for that matter? zsnes maybe? but this is not fixable via settings, its a internal emulation bug. The only way to get through that door is like so.

save game data
load data in another emulator ( assuming this is snes, try bsnes )
save game data
go back to your emulator and hope you dont have to do this again.

clules

Sorry... the game is Super Metroid and the emulator or rom whatever is a ZSNESW151.

I posted it that way because that's the way it is in my Documents.

Aside from my previous topic about the emulator, has there ever been talk about this problem? If the problem can't be fixed then the emulator shouldn't have been put out. The way it is, you cannot achieve 100% of Super Metroid.

Isn't anyone in here tech savvy enough to at least tell me what was left out of the em? Why this failure occurs...

Thanks

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
OMG??? dude really?

If the problem can't be fixed then the emulator shouldn't have been put out.
If this is trully how you feel, you need to rethink what emulation is about. This is not a job? zsnes has many games that dont even play let alone many many bugs. I beat the entire game in snes9x but if you want a bug free emulator there is only one in existence. Bnes is a 100% complete no bugs reported emulator for the snes. Its a very slow emulator because its does not use emulation tricks to speed up the games that cause bugs. So if you computer is not top of the line the game may be way to slow.

All emulators are in beta unless otherwise stated. No emulator can ever be perfect because this is all guess work. Emulating is not like coding, there is no start or end. The authors just do what they can to make as many games run fast/best as possible. The only way to know everything would require Nintendo to help, and they would never do that. Bsnes had a test team and they are %100 sure there are no errors in any games.

tech savvy has nothing to do with your problem. There is no know issue reported like what you mentioned. You have simply discovered a bug and I dont see it mentioned anywhere on the net. The only way to fix this is to replay the game ( may happen again ) or use another emulator. If you want to be sure its going to work then you will need to play the game with bsnes.

Save states can be converted. Look on google for that sort of thing. For example "convert zsnes saves to snes9x saves".

Last edited:

clules

ulaoulao, I'm not a dude. Now that that's out of the way... I came here for help not to be jeered at. I have had this game on this em for more than 3 yrs and each time I play it in any of the files the same thing always happens.

So what I'm actually hoping for is someone who may have played Super Metroid on the ZSNESW151 and had this same thing occur or was able to get the set of missiles from the rock in Maridia.

I know to you you probably think the entire world of vid game players know all about the systems they use or the EMs but I don't. I know next to nothing about Ems, Roms, or whatever they're called. SO I come to a site called EMULATOR ZONE hoping you guys know all the answers. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. However, I'm still hoping someone will post having played this thing.

clules

Why must you be so negative! Are you telling me I'm the only person who has ever played SM on this application? Or that I'm the only one to complain about it. I'm in the Nintendo Forum so hopefully someone will post.

In the meantime, I want to ask this... when I got this thing I couldn't play the way it was set up as far as ease of play. the buttons were all wrong for me. So... I clicked the RESET button to hopefully reset the buttons and make them more user friendly for me. Could doing that have had some affect on the ability to pass through doors while equipped? Or is there something in the input that I could double check?

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
I'm negative because you wont comprehend and understand what I'm telling you and you have not even tried my suggestions. My last comment was me saying, ok dont want my help I'm done. So here you are again continuing to assume my intent is bad and once again you are wrong.

Also lets touch back here for a second?
Hi, still seeking an answer to why I cannot equip an item and maintain it as I pass through a door
I have always read that as just in one spot. Because if you are in Maridia you should have collected and passed thru many doors by now, yes? If this is not correct you may want to explain in full detail the issue. If this is just in this one spot then please read on.

Are you telling me I'm the only person who has ever played SM on this application?
No and dont call it an application because that is not what it is. Its simply an emulator.
Or that I'm the only one to complain about it
No lots of people dont like znes, most people use an emulator called snes9x but as I pointed out, and to your entire point of this thread, bsnes is the best and 100% complete. Its very possible that you are the only one anle enough to worry about a pack missiles. You don't need them? You should have many missiles by now.
Could doing that have had some affect on the ability to pass through doors while equipped?
Ok I know you admitted you know noting of this stuff so I'll say this nicely. No.
Or is there something in the input that I could double check?
and no...

Ok here is the deal GIRL ( I assume since you are not a "dude" you must be a girl, why that matter I dont know? ) First the answer to you problem is above. I'm sorry you dont understand what I wrote but its up there. Now I know you dont know a thing about how emulation works but I'm going to have to explain it in some simple terms to that I can help you, understand my advice.

Lets try an analogy here. Since I dont know what you are in to, ill make an assumption, sorry if I'm wrong. CARS! now, you dont have to be a master tech but just have some idea how a car works. I'm going to make you a chip for your car so you can go faster. This chip talks to the car and makes some guesses. There is no way to make this chip work unless we test it first. so I give you the chip and you give it a go. You report back to me that 5 things failed. I take those things in to account and give you a new VERSION. After x amount of time going back and forth we get what we think a solid working chip. So the version is now zero'd, that means a whole number, call it version 1. Few years go by more improvement now its version 2. ect ect...

Emulation is the same thing, we are trying to make a program act like a console. So we start with an idea and go thru the same changes. ZSNESW151 is not the 151th version its the first version with a minor upgrade and 1 fix.

| | |___a fix
| |____minor upgrade
|_____version 1

( note to the critics, yeah I know there are other versioning methods but its still a good way to help understand )

So its clear to me its NOT COMPLETE!!!!

If it was zsnesw 1 or 1.0 or 2 or maybe 3, I'd feel better about it.

Ok so now we get it right? Your Emulator is not complete, not finished, bugs exist, get over it!

Ok back to smiles now. So what are you going to do to fix the problem you have, you pick.

1. Bitch at the author until he fixes it. Good luck. or maybe try their forums.
2. Use an emulator that works, Well only bsnes will be guaranteed.
3. Convert your save state to another emulator and continue to use that one instead.
4. Convert your save state to another emulator and get the missile, then convert back.
5. find a new rom and start all over. I dont think the rom is bad but its possible.
6. Make your own emulator. Guessing this is not your first choice.
7. Continue to complain and watch this thread die and you will never get your missiles.
8. use the game genie sheet code to get it maybe.
9. buy these two things
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-Ninte...0980398095?pt=Video_Games&hash=item51b80fdc0f
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-Metro...7818?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item1e862babaa

Look, you're new to this I get it, but I'm not new to people like you. Emulation is a gift, its not an application. Its like asking a donator of money, for more money. The authors do this for fun, not to please you. This is not a bought application, its a free version of someone's hard efforts and work, try to respect that.

Pick one of the above and I will help you with it. Except for 1,6,7,8 or 9. Your on your own there.

____
F.Y.I
------
If you mean theses missiles. I have gotten them with snes9x many times and walked though many doors. From what I remember I got them with the charge boots.
missile_m_01.gif

Last edited:

clules

While boy/girl is accepted as sexes, it shouldn't be applied to all females. I consider a girl to be under the age of 12, since that was me years and two boys ago, I prefer lady or woman in that context. Btw, I detest the use of the "B" word at and in all instances. It is totally demeaning even to woman who don't have enough respect for themselves to not use the term on themselves.

Now, I will smply thank you for your replies and drop the subject. I'm the type person who doesn't like to quit if there is a possible solution I can see. If indeed this is a flaw in the programming of the EMulator then others must have loaded this ZSNESW and encountered it as well.

So I won't belabor the situation. As for loading another or the (BSNEW) or whatever, I have 3 ems, all were emailed to me fully programmed and all I had to do was open them; as I am not tech savvy and not wanting to damage this machine (we all encounter money probs at some point) I don't try to load anything without asking a million questions. It's the reason I use the ISP I use.

At any rate I'm not sure if loading another em would not crash my machine. I have asked but often ppl just don't want to be bothered even in a computer help site. I'm not using a TOTL comp but an eMachine, a 1gig emachine (I think) It's been a while.

Anyway.. thank you again.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Your computer is way to week for much else. I'd suggest snes9x if you plan to try another. Emulators don't "crash" systems. Windows has from day one built in a thing most refer to as the blue screen of death to prevent crashing your system. If anything it will crash itself and you will have to end the task.

I dont see anything else in that post relevant to reply to other then your welcome.

clules

You said you think you used the Charged Boots to get it. What is that? Is it something other than the Shinespark? Admittedly I don't do many of the tricks associaited with these games. I'm your basic straight game player. I don't think I've even done the "Murder Beam."

**** Sorry I some how edited your post instead of replying. **** but I saw the question before I did this.

Last edited by a moderator:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
You said you think you used the Charged Boots to get it. What is that? Is it something other than the Shinespark? Admittedly I don't do many of the tricks associaited with these games. I'm your basic straight game player. I don't think I've even done the "Murder Beam."
Well I dont know the names well myself ( maybe speed boots )but its the boots that allow you to bolt across the screen. You have to open the door to get going fast enough, running for the next room and stopping just under the rock ( in the exact place ). Then press up and jump. The do this
Speed_booster_super_metroid.jpg

Here is a write up on how to get it.
This first missile here will probably be your toughest one to reach in the game, as it requires quick movement and skill with the Shinespark moves. From the very bottom of Maridia - the umbilical area that connects it with Brinstar (where the underwater pipe that you blew open was) climb up into the large underwater shaft above.

High up in this region lives the missile that requires the Speed Booster to break through to, so move through the door on the right at the base of the shaft. Open up the shutter ahead with a Super Missile and clear the corridor of any enemies.

Go over to the far right of the room just below the door there, then run back to the left. Once you reach the door press down so that Samus begins flashing. Quickly rush back into the large shaft, drop down to the lower ground level with the door in the floor and blast the enemy crab straight ahead. You'll notice here that there's two small plants on the ground that you can walk behind (they're in the foreground).

Quickly walk behind the left one then leap straight up, with practice you should be able to reach the missile as when aimed carefully Samus will streak past all the platforms and land right on target - straight into this missile.

Okay so the thing I would like your help with is this:
Ok again your a bit out of the loop on how this works but I wont bore ya. An emulator does not take up much space at all. Nor does the game really. Any n64 zelda can be played with PJ64. I can't help you find the game but the emulation is hosted from our front page. When you get the emulator on your computer you will need to configure it. PG64 is very easy to set up, you really just need to tell it where the game(rom) is and set up the controller. Here are the help files on how to do it.
http://www.pj64-emu.com/manual-and-guides/

Last edited:

clules

Yes... that technique is called the Shinespark. And because you have to go through that door to blast up it can't be done with the ZSNESW because you cannot hold anything equipped as you pass through a door.

next... okay so I appreciate that you guided me to the page; however, I don't even like doig things when an ISP tech is telling me what to do. That why my friend always emailed me my ems already loaded even with the games and all I did was downloaded the files.

Maybe someone reading this will have pity for me and email me such an em with Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask.

I'll take a look at it sometime... right now i'm in a migraine period. Trying to be quiet.

Thanks again.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Yes... that technique is called the Shinespark. And because you have to go through that door to blast up it can't be done with the ZSNESW because you cannot hold anything equipped as you pass through a door.
- Is that the case everywhere in the game?

Maybe someone reading this will have pity for me and email me such an em with Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask.
You know this is illegal right, and will get you ban from this site?

Its always good to learn something you have an interest in, it wont kill ya ;) I dont see how anyone could possibly email you a pre-configured emulator that knows nothing about your hardware, if it was that easy the authors would do that. You have to phisicaly press the buttons on your controller to get it mapped right. Maybe your friend knew what kind of controller you had? The rest is almost ready out of the box and needs no setting up.

Last edited:

clules

- Is that the case everywhere in the game?

Yes it is! In fact, I believe it is also true of the other game loaded on that em, A Link To The Past. I'll check back with that later.

You know this is illegal right, and will get you ban from this site?

What is and will? Talking about emulation? I know it's illegal on GameFAQs another site I frequent but this site is about emulation. What's the problem?

Its always good to learn something you have an interest in, it wont kill ya ;) I dont see how anyone could possibly email you a pre-configured emulator that knows nothing about your hardware, if it was that easy the authors would do that. You have to phisicaly press the buttons on your controller to get it mapped right. Maybe your friend knew what kind of controller you had? The rest is almost ready out of the box and needs no setting up.

Okay, If I'll get into trouble then can you converse via PM? Otherwise there's only email or IM. I'm trying to learn so I need the convo to continue until you get fed up with me.

All the other ems work perfectly and he sent them all already configured to the games.

Last edited:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
hmmm, you need to ditch that emulator. Though this is what we do here, we help people set up emulators, a lot. Try snes9x, download it from our main page and set up your controller. Its really easy we will help you. Start a new post for that if you need help.

What is and will? Talking about emulation? I know it's illegal on GameFAQs another site I frequent but this site is about emulation. What's the problem?
LOL no, stop trying to act so naive. Your intelligent I can tell, that or you try to act intelligent. A rom ( a game ) is what? its a ripped version of a cartridge that Nintendo sold right? Well if you dont know that, now it now. Its just like a copied CD. So you are asking someone to give you a copy of a game that is copyrighted... Sure no big deal right? well if some agency found out TEZ was allowing people to make requests for ROMs what do you think would happen? Ah yea, we would not be here, thats why in our rules we say, NO ROM REQUESTS, and that is what you are doing by asking that.

yeah its time to learn a few things, your obvious getting in to this. We all started where you are and didnt need people to do it for us. I can't be available 24/7 but this site can. The main reason you get few replies is because your questions are not clear. This is normal.... When you start to get it, you will ask question better, nothing wrong with that. Welcome to the world of emulation, your going to love it.

All the other ems work perfectly and he sent them all already configured to the games.
There is no such of thing. You dont configure them to games, you configure then to your computer. This is why its not possible to do this for you unless we know what you have, and even knowing makes it hard for us to pre set it up. All the set up stuff can be told to you step by step.

Last edited:

clules

I appreciate the confidence building, however, there is no naivety on my part. The only thing I exhibit jealousy about in life is people who are computer savvy. There are just so many moving parts and so much can go wrong so quickly that I don't even like downloading the simplest things. So, no I'm not pretending to be naive. Intelligent yes, navie about comps. Nope!

Okay, I see! I got you now. I can mention the product but not the games by name. Got it! One thing though, Let me read back a min... yep, you asked about a specific game. Shame on you. You have prior knowledge... :)

My head is banging so I'm out for a while.

Thanks for the 411... it's appreciated.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
No you didnt get it? You can talk about games, like I can talk about your CD collection. But you can not ask for a game. Not sure how that was not clear but either way you somehow got the wrong point.

here read this

http://voices.yahoo.com/are-video-game-roms-illegal-gamers-know-8398607.html
or this
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081002203054AA00Qtp

In a perfect world you could be arrested for having that metroid game. Will you, no , more then likely not. Though you need to know were the law stands on this. Dont say I didnt warn you.

See this to is comically ironic.
Okay, I see! I got you now. I can mention the product but not the games by name. Got it! One thing though, Let me read back a min... yep, you asked about a specific game. Shame on you. You have prior knowledge...
You see here you are trying to joke about how I made some mistake and that I'm some sort of hypocrite, but only to find out its your fault for not understanding. I'm not telling you this stuff in some attempt to put you down, I'm trying to help you understand things. If you continue to fail at this, you only set yourself up for failure. You come here stating you know nothing but mock those that help you. Good luck with that.

Last edited:

clules

Okay, for sure I got it now. :) No more requests, even hints. By the way,

There is no such of thing. You dont configure them to games, you configure then to your computer. This is why its not possible to do this for you unless we know what you have, and even knowing makes it hard for us to pre set it up. All the set up stuff can be told to you step by step.

Maybe I should have stopped at configured... but it's true nonetheless. I have no idea what he did them. I don't recall his ever asking questions about my comp. We were friends and just gabbing I asked and he did. I think I may tread onto dangerous water now but, trust me, they all work no problem. Oh... let me amend that. Now and them there is the matter of a speed up or a slow down but that doesn't last but a minute or so and it's back to business.

Status
Not open for further replies.