Emulator Problem: Still Trying to Fix Trough Doors Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
the speed thing is because of your system. If your ever in the market stop by, we can help you select a better system for emulation.

clules

the speed thing is because of your system. If your ever in the market stop by, we can help you select a better system for emulation.

What does that mean? Stop by where/what? Do you mean figuratively if I want to buy a new comp. LOL... yes I do, but I have ducats restraints. I'd love to lay out 3K for a new comp but alas and alack... out of the question for a while.

What I've been thinking about and adding to my migraine, is why you insist the ems I got weren't... ok I don't want to get into trouble. Did you read my PM to you? My curiosity is sky high and it bugging me. Maybe I could contact J and ask him. I have his email of course and I know he's in GameWinners.com... I dunno...

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
You sure get the wrong idea a lot? I' m not telling you to buy a computer I'm simply suggesting come to us for help IF you ever do. "Stop by here" us, people that know what computer are needed for what task, techies, nerds, what ever you want to call us, the helpfully place LOL

I dont have a PM, unless you mean that first one?

What I've been thinking about and adding to my migraine, is why you insist the ems I got weren't...
I dont know what you are hinting? Again you can talk about games, and even stealing then. Just dont ask for them on the open forums is all.

The emulators and game your friend gave you were some how set up to work on your computer. This friend is obviously a good guesser. Though it you took the time to configure it, you be way better off then guesses ;)

*** stupid question time for me ***
I was laying in bed last night beating my self over this Metroid issue. I'm starting to think there is a communication issue or conception problem here. Let me be clear, this is just for me to understand, I'm not trying to put you down. Ok, you said you can not equip weapons and then go thru a door?
1) You dont need to equip anything to get those missises? You just charge and shoot to open doors. stop, jump and get.
2) What do you mean by equip? I know super meteoroid well, Its my favorite game. So I gather you mean like changing the gun? So if you shoot the door open, and then select missiles, you are telling me you can't go thru the door? How so, does the character not move, does the game freeze, crash, what?

Please, again, I'm not downing you, I'm just really curious now.

Last edited:

clules

My thing is, I'm a very literal person. I take words at their meaning. Why. I hate repeating myself. :) The work market simply threw me. I got you now. Thanks for the invite.

So what would I have had to give him for him to properly configure the ems to my machine? We were probably talking about my vision and he most likely mentioned having them on his comp. I got the visualboy & visualboyadvance & the zsnesw151. I promise you all I did was load and play.

So now, what I mean by Equip? I thought it was the game playing term for having a weapon in hand. So that's what I meant. So let me say, I'm quite fimiliar with how to get that set of missiles. As you enter the watery area first of Maridia you go through the door to the right. shoot the door again to leave it open, go shoot the barrier with a super missile, kill the enemies that might impede your path during the shinespark then perform the shinespark which will take you through the open door then you blast up from that certain weed to grab the missiles.

My problem during the pass through the door while in shinespark I lose the shinespark completely. Just as I do if I armed Samus with super missiles outside a door then as I pass through I am no longer equipped with super missiles.

As I recall you can go through any door in SM with a special weapon equipped and still have it on the other side. Yes??? Don't take "Can't" to mean I can't move, rather I cannot hold the equipped item and pass through. My ems have never crashed to where I had to lose a file. :)

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
So what would I have had to give him for him to properly configure the ems to my machine? We were probably talking about my vision and he most likely mentioned having them on his comp. I got the visualboy & visualboyadvance & the zsnesw151. I promise you all I did was load and play.
He would need a complete list of the exact hardware, since its an e-machine that is really easy to get online. Then what kind of controller you have. But there is more to it, like tweaking things, you can't just guess that.

So now, what I mean by Equip? I thought it was the game playing term for having a weapon in hand. So that's what I meant. So let me say, I'm quite fimiliar with how to get that set of missiles. As you enter the watery area first of Maridia you go through the door to the right. shoot the door again to leave it open, go shoot the barrier with a super missile, kill the enemies that might impede your path during the shinespark then perform the shinespark which will take you through the open door then you blast up from that certain weed to grab the missiles.
Right, I understand you know how to get them.

My problem during the pass through the door while in shinespark I lose the shinespark completely. Just as I do if I armed Samus with super missiles outside a door then as I pass through I am no longer equipped with super missiles.
- see this is where I'm confused. You would not need to use the missiles to get that pack. So maybe your were just talking about two things.

Now more on point. I have it running right now on snes9x. I took two pictures. One I arm the missiles. on the other I took it just as I came bolting out the open door and stomping on enemies all while I had missises equipped.
metroidshot.png

So sounds like what you say is in fact a zsnes151 bug that was never brought up before, as I originally though. Just had to make sure. Now again, as I gather you mean you can not do this anywhere in the game, not just at the place in Maridia.

Last edited:

clules

He would need a complete list of the exact hardware, since its an e-machine that is really easy to get online. Then what kind of controller you have. But there is more to it, like tweaking things, you can't just guess that.

No Ulao... we didn't talk about any of that. I simply asked and he sent. I still have one of those emails; it's from 09 and the only one sent to this comp specifically the others were sent to another machine I have since discarded. They were from '06. It was a zip file ulao... just a document I opened and played.

Right, I understand you know how to get them.

- see this is where I'm confused. You would not need to use the missiles to get that pack. So maybe your were just talking about two things.

Yes, I was talking about 2 things, but both related to the same issue.

Now more on point. I have it running right now on snes9x. I took two pictures. One I arm the missiles. on the other I took it just as I came bolting out the open door and stomping on enemies all while I had missises equipped.
metroidshot.png

So sounds like what you say is in fact a zsnes151 bug that was never brought up before, as I originally though. Just had to make sure. Now again, as I gather you mean you can not do this anywhere in the game, not just at the place in Maridia.

There you go! Then I'll have to accept it as a bug and that this em will never allow me to do a 100% run. My frind said the em for Ocarina was too much as his comp was overextended... he was in Finland then but I think he's in NYC now. Thanks... :)

BTW, sorry for being so late with a response. My mom is having health issues back home and I've been back and forth with her since I left this afternoon. Still concerned so I'll go check in with her.

clules

Yup! If I decide to try and tackle loading an em onto my machine, I'll post back. I'd prolly need to be drunk to try it, and I don't drink. :)

clules

This happens when we spread ourselves too thin. Ohayoco is that a play on Ohio? Anyway, THANKS! Yes, you missed all the fireworks however, I was more than amply assisted by ulaoulao. As I said though, I may muster enough nerve to try and load an em by myself. :)

@ulaoulao, I got in touch with the person who did that previous work for me. He said he thinks we talked in GameWinners about my comp. I do jn site PMing a lot so perhaps we did. At any rate I never had problems with them and this bug with the ZSNESW is the first.

clules

I use my keyboard. You can hook a controller up to play ems? Man, do I need to sit on the first row of ems 101 and raise my hand a lot?

Am I missing a whole world by not be tech savvy in the least. You know I was even awed that you posted those screen shots so huge. Yeah! People who are comp geeks are the only thing I'm evious of. (Sigh)

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
It is a play on Ohio, Ohayo is like a Japanese greeting, and Con is for convention. It was an Anime and Japanese Culture convention in Columbus, Ohio. It was super fun. :)

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
I use my keyboard. You can hook a controller up to play ems? Man, do I need to sit on the first row of ems 101 and raise my hand a lot?
Well that explains why he set it up easy for you.

You know, this is not really tech savvy stuff here. This is being in the "know". I mean you dont need to know anything special, you just need to have the interest to learn. You already demonstrated in this post that you looked in the options. Looking will not hurt anything. If you looked around a bit you would find a controller config menu. I dont know about znesw but most all emulators make it really clear that you just assign any controller button to the snes controller. It really is as simple as...

press a button on the screen,
press a button on the controller
do the next.
done.

All i'm saying here is you dont need to be a rocket scientist. Well you dont need to be a hi-school grad. No heck you dont need much of anything but the ability to read and have a general interest in the subject. The only thing you are missing is the "just-do-it" factor. F it, figure it out, so you can come back in a few weeks and be like, you know what, ULAO I dont need your hep. I got this.

Not trying to be coy here, just that I see so many people that could do something if they just put there mind to it.

If you saw my emulation rig, you would... well I'll leave that to your imagination. Just to give you a teaser... When my emulation is running you get a screen that has the consoles to the left and games to the right. All you do is pick a console then double click on a game. The computer does all the work. You then sit in a couch, and look at a big 'ol 55 inch plasma, just like the game would show if it were running on this TV. And your holding nothing other then the original controller for the game ( thx to Bliss-Box ). Most people that come by dont even know there is a computer running it. You can ask MM here about Bliss-Box.

I dont know what Emulation does for you, or maybe its your son(s) ? But to me, and many others... Its like reliving our past. When I was a kid games where like 55-70 bucks! I could not afford that. Well all ROM talk aside, lets just say I'm not in short supply of games.

Last edited:

clules

Gosh, I'm sorry... I just saw this. I don't recall seeing notification that it was up. Yes, ulao, if I applied myself I would nodoubt be able to grab at least rudimentary skills in computer engineering and all the accoutrement surrounding it. But that's what my son is willing to be trained in and is currently doing so. I don't somehow want to apply my fading vision to such.

As I said earlier computers are almost a basic course in elem schools these days and that's good for the kids. Look around at how many ppl have comps yet have no idea how to operate them or repair them when they go down. They are fragile machines.

That said, I'm taking you up again on your offer. So now ask what you need to ask to find out if my girl(perfectly fine for an inanimate object) here can support an N64 emulator and rom.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Surprisingly enough you could get away with it. It will depend on what video card is in that computer of yours. Also I'm not an expert with low system, requirements and thus not the right person to ask. My suggestion for you is to post a new topic "will my system support an N64 emulator". You will receive lots of help on that topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.