Anime, who watches it?

Deezbeez

Hail to the King
Lately I watched Black Magic M-66, preety good. Im looking around for some good series to check out.

HARVESTER

Watch:
Inu Yasha
Gundam Seed
Bleach
Naruto

Ones I hate:
Yu-gi-oh (because 4kids owns it and it has card games for like 3 seasons now)
One Piece (because 4kids cut out everything)
Shaman King (because 4kids owns it and they suck!)

So in general I hate all 4kids products!!! :angry:
c'mon 4 kid serials are gr8 man.... beyblade.. yu gi oh duel masters... its good..

RockY

L H D T P M
Recentrly I have seen:

Evangelion (all the series and movies)
Robotech (all the 85 episodes)

I'm downloading some others... :D

Zach

You should check out Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles ,too, they also have a theatrical sequel in production because DVD sales were good.

RockY

L H D T P M
I thought you were nerdy.... sorry for that.

nerdy%20kid.jpg

Anyways I'm getting some episodes of Rurouni Kenshin and Ghost in the Shell

Last edited:

omer

Neo Geo
I like to watch animes. My fav is Akira. I like Hayao Miyazaki's animes. I also like Cowboy Bebop, Chobits, Rurouni Kenshin, Street Fighter animes. But I haven't seen any anime lately.

cibomatto2002

Windows 10
Serial Experiments Lain

The series focuses on Lain Iwakura, an adolescent girl living in suburban Japan, and her introduction to the Wired, a global communications network similar to the Internet. Lain lives with her middle class family, which consists of her inexpressive older sister Mika, her cold mother, and her computer-obsessed father. The first ripple on the pond of Lain's lonely life appears when she learns that girls from her school have received an e-mail from Chisa Yomoda, a schoolmate who committed suicide. When Lain receives the message at home, Chisa tells her (in real time) that she is not dead, but has just "abandoned the flesh", and has found God in the Wired. From then on, Lain is bound to a quest which will take her ever deeper into both the network and her own thoughts.

The anime series is licensed in North America by Geneon (previously Pioneer Entertainment) on DVD, VHS and LaserDisc. It was also released in Singapore by Odex. The video game, which shares only the themes and protagonist with the series, was never released outside Japan.

The series shows influences from topics such as philosophy, computer history, cyberpunk literature and conspiracy theory, and it was made the subject of several academic articles. English language anime reviewers found it to be "weird" and unusual, but reviews were still generally positive. Producer Ueda said he intended Japanese and American audiences to form conflicting views on the series, but was disappointed in this regard, as the impressions turned out to be similar.

Here is a 9:33 minute preview From YouTube If you look on YouTube you can watch all of the first episode :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRsv_lwF8dQ

ubr

NPC GM Pilot
I've seen Serial Experiment Lain. Heavy Matter :)

English language anime reviewers found it to be "weird" and unusual, but reviews were still generally positive.

Three people watch. One sleep. One confused (me :)). One doesn't know anything, can't stand it then leave :D

playmazter76

The Retro Kid
Well my fav is the Sailor Moon series I have all of it seconded by Ranma 1/2 a great show as well some Dragonball and the first 2 seasons of pokemon the rest got kinda dumb. Definitely u should check out anime its badass.:happy:

falc0n

new falc0n
i watch dragon ball, the law of ueki,naruto,bleach,tsubasa chronicles,detective conan and all great anime>:D

Spellsong

Gray Mage
I do. Long story short, I never can make enough time to watch it these days. Still a dedicated fan, and had been for 9 years. I have a number of DVDs in a box, and a few torrents. That stuff.

ubr

NPC GM Pilot
i watch dragon ball, the law of ueki,naruto,bleach,tsubasa chronicles,detective conan and all great anime

Yeah, great anime. But other anime in recent 5 year is (most of them) boring and filled with fan service (too much). there is more great anime in 1997-2002 than 2002-2007.

I like Tetsujin-28 GO! series.I was able to amule them all and they are really good.I `ve been 6 years old when I wached them.I consider this to be the first manga for me.Really nice graphics really flashy fights!

Spellsong

Gray Mage
Yeah, great anime. But other anime in recent 5 year is (most of them) boring and filled with fan service (too much). there is more great anime in 1997-2002 than 2002-2007.

I hear about this, but I don't notice this to much. Maybe because I don't watch as much as everyone else, or the anime I watch is quite rather older (1991-2003). The most current one I watched was Code Geass, so I must be missing something here.

Last edited:

ubr

NPC GM Pilot
I hear about this, but I don't notice this to much. Maybe because I don't watch as much as everyone else, or the anime I watch is quite rather older (1991-2003). The most current one I watched was Code Geass, so I must be missing something here.

Try watch Shuffle, its one of many H-games to anime that overpopulated anime series in recent 5 year. maybe its a great H-games but a great H-games doesn't always comes up as a great anime (Need great story). The plot is already overused and the ratio of main cast is ridiculous (1 boy 6 girls, compared it with another similar anime, sister princess is 1 boy 12 girls....).

Btw, is it just me or Gundam Seed and GSD have unneeded fanservice everywhere when compared with older gundam like 0083.