Anime, who watches it?

Fable

Urban Ninja
yah.... they lost all the good shows.....

TiredBoy

Fable said:
lol yeah, that's true... do you watch kenshin???
OVAs, yes. A little of the TV shows. The OVAs were much, much better than the TV eps, if you ask me. They're so much more artistic, not to mention that they detail his past as a hitokiri. On the whole, though, I don't find myself getting sucked into the big names nearly as much anymore. I feel like I'm turning old.

Lefteris: I wonder if they were referring to the running joke about Inu Yasha and One Piece being the heirs of Dragonball's seemingly infinite number of episodes. Clearly, Naruto's going to be up there, too.

Froster1990 said:
Well, If you used to read all the One Piece comics, then some crappy company comes and turn it into some cut, 10 year old show, you'll know what I mean.
Usually, the anime version is relatively tame already and not quite as fleshed out.

montpics

Lefteris_D said:
That could be said for Naruto, not One Piece.
Nope, One Piece is first before Naruto, considering when both were released. Furthermore Naruto is more for kiddies. :)

Some cut? What cut? :confused:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? Haven't watch the current version of that series in which it didn't arrive here as it seemed but felt a bit of dissappointed of the characteristics of all the characters not only the cast (Probably when I played the TMNT.). Especially April O'Neill, supposedly a reporter but not. True, I too missed the old version. :(

Inuyasha is not quite but considering the succesion of Ranma in the past times, you can predict that it (Inuyasha) still attract the fans of Ranma.

OVA? Sometimes they are made good and some are not. Especially X-The Movie which I found out unsatisfied with the end. It has a series but I didn't have that one. Naturally I found out OVAs usually harmonized with the TV series more than being standalone. :cool:

Zidane

Social Hazzard
i do...is there problem.

montpics

spaceduk said:
nothin beats anime from the 80's robotech, guyver, dragonball, bionic six, transformers etc
Agreed. Those anime were classics. Not to mention Osama Tezuka's works. :)

F

froster1990

Dragonball was the best until viz bought it out from Ocean group, or at least the english version.

montpics

I did watch a few episode of Samurai X through different channel long time ago. It's okay for a English version of Kenshin. ;)

Sadly, most of the anime being switched themselves into our local language everytime it is viewed through local TV station. :(

spaceduk

does anyone know if ther are any channels still showing robotech/macross or bionic six. because id like to see those shows again lol. the last time i saw them was on sci-fi channel about ten years ago and they havent been on british tv since. also does anyone remember Samurai pizza cats, that was great when the cats got shot out that big ass gun lol.

Bleach, best thing out right now.

Inuyasha was good for like the first season or so, they turned that into a more mature version of Pokemon.

Naruto is good, but that too has been drawing a bit long...too many filler episodes.