Virtual Boy Advance, the madness is endless

PISSEDMANKEY

I am not sure about this program certain copies allow me to play firered others do not however beyond this the more pertinent issue is I can never seem to keep my saved games. On the tablet or phone no problem autoload most recent .sav in file dir. On the PC oh hell no they don't recognize the .sav or .sg/.sa files.

I have been playing dark rising relentlessly and have been quite enjoying the game now three weeks later I reset my computer to reconfigure my bios to log in and find the copy of application that allowed to me actually play the game has no memory of the save files. Whenever I try to open the sa1, sav, or sg1 of the most recent file they will not load. I really would like to resume where I was in the game (versus restarting until I have to reset again; erg pointless much) and if anyone knows how the hell to get my pokemon back that would be greatly appreciated.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Just a few things here to clear up confusion. In VBA you dont load a save by file? You load states, so save on state 1...9 then you load the same state. Now yes, the files are sav, sa1, sa2, ect that is true but you dont need to bother yourself with that. So I'm wondering ( not suggesting ) are you trying to do "load rom" when attempting to load a game? Because in that case you point to a file and that would be incorrect.

Another thought is save states are not a good choice. I understand its an easy way to get thru a game but they are more for convenience. You should be able to save game data like in the game itself with little of no issues.

Also are you using the latest vba?

Last edited:

PISSEDMANKEY

The one that works is 1.80 beta, however the save states you so quote are deleted from the drop down list upon reloading the application. I load the GBA file and this will load a brand new game. I have all the save states, simply need a way to load these files so I can access my last position. Can you elaborate on pointing to a file, as I simply load dark rising.gba and then to no avail it is a brand new game.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Its possible the list of save goes a way but you should still be able to re load a state.

Example:

Say you make 4 saves. You see in the history of saves 1,2,3 and 4 have been used. You then can choose to reload 1,2,3 or 4 at any time. Now if you exit the emulator, reopen it, and load your game, those 4 states will not be shown in the history but you should be able to load them. Are you saying loading state 1,2,3 or 4 at this point does not work?

Last edited:

Son

I am getting a error opening image pop up. The save file worked 14 hours ago. I would really appreciate it if anyone has a solution.

Son

The answer is, (just figured it out)

Step 1: Open the game anew from it's rom folder.
Step 2: Then load battery file.
Step 3: Go out of the displayed battery file to you temp folder.
Step 4: Look for the .sav file in your temp folder that best matches the time of your last save point(or remember the file from the pop up.
Step 5: Go to it in step 2 part load it and bobs my uncle (not).

GASIYAT

Banned
I am getting a error opening image pop up. The save file worked 14 hours ago. I would really appreciate it if anyone has a solution.

I try to open the sa1, sav, or sg1 of the Lucky Patcher Kodi most recent file they will not load. I really would like to resume where I was in the game (versus restarting until I have to reset again; erg pointless much) and if anyone knows how the hell to get my pokemon back that would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited: