Legend of Zelda

michaelm9945

I'm a big fan of the Zelda games. I tried to play the original LOZ on my 3DS but i just couldn't get into it. Is it just me? other zelda fans please reply

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
huh? The original zelda was for the nes, are you talking about a emulator for the 3ds? I'm a huge zelda fan but for anyone over the age of 35 its going to be very hard to get in to it. I played zelda on the nes the day it was released and love every minute of it. Its one of those pouring water in to a full glass kind of things. Your what 25'ish or so? Just a guess. So you need to first forget everything you know about gaming and go in to it with a very open mind. Back then this was state of the art console gaming so the graphics were incredible. The sounds, the action, the quest, hands down best game of the year!!! Also remember no net, so the booklet was key to understand the game. I remember reading it on the way home just dying to play it. Its very hard to go back in time and appreciate something like the original zelda.

If you still can get in to it try Zelda 3(snes), its the same game play but much improved and a longer game.

Last edited:

HAYDEN76

The Man
Yeah I remember being obsessed with this game. Couldn't sleep.... it is all I wanted to do was play this for hours... True classic.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
I did that to a game once. ( true story ) When I first bought Castlevania I it was such a hard game that I took it back and bought wizards and worriers. Needless to say w&w was extremely easy. So few years go bay and a being lot better at game playing, I got my hands on super Castlevania and tried and tried and tired to beat the game on one life to redeem myself for failing long ago. I finally was able to accomplish this goal, not easy.

HAYDEN76

The Man
WOW.. Super Castlevania on one life, that is good. I did beat the other two though, Castlevania 1 and W&W both on NES a bunch of times. Good games.

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
On the subject of doing games as fast as possible, ive taken up speedrunning as a hobby. Majoras Mask specifically.

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Yep, stuff like that. Ive been getting practice and technique tips from the speedrunning community on Twitch.Tv. Its been quite fun! You should take a look at some Legend of Zelda speedruns, the exploit of glitches is quite great. Its also fun to execute. :D

Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask specifically are fun speed running games that utilize many glitches.

Oh, and Hayden76, this is how:

Last edited: