Emulators with built-in recording?

123comicbro

Hi folks! First time poster here. I'm really sorry if this is a rehashed question, and absolutely feel free to link to other threads, but the search function is not working for me and everything I find on Google is from like...2008. Anyhow, let me get to my question.

I'm trying to compile a list of emulators with built-in recorders. In other words, emulators that can convert the video directly into AVI (or other format). It's a lot less strenuous on my system than an external screen capture device and easier to use. I already have one for NES, but I'm wondering which ones you know of out there! Any help would be appreciated! Thanks everybody!

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
no, your question is fine. There a a few people that do this sort of thing, so you should get a reply. I know a buddy of mine that does this a lot search him out if you have no luck here.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Bashurverse

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Hello, I know that Mupen64 Re-Recording, DesmuMe, and a few other emulators, but those two come to mind right now.

123comicbro

Great! Thanks so much for your contributions already. So here's the list I have already of emulators with built-in recording:

NES - FCEUX
N64 - Mupen64 (with Re-recording)
DS - DesmuMe

Any others that people can add to the list? Much appreciated!

123comicbro

Awesome! I have that one now and have discovered another one as well. Here's the list thus far:

NES - FCEUX
SNES - snes9x
Game Boy/Color/GBA - VisualBoyAdvance
DS - DesmuMe

It seems like so far we're really Nintendo-heavy. Are there any Arcade, Sega, or Playstation emulators that record?

123comicbro

I found another for Sega and potentially one for PSX, though it sounds like it's not really "built-in". I've listed them below with the rest:

NES - FCEUX
SNES - snes9x
Game Boy/Color/GBA - VisualBoyAdvance
DS - DesmuMe
Sega Mega Drive/Genesis/CD/32X/Game Gear - Kega Fusion <--no compression options that I can find, but renders and plays at normal speed
PSX - PCSX (with Re-recording)

Okay, so we seem to be on a roll here. Keep adding them on! I will continue to do my own research. I'd particularly appreciate an Arcade emulator with AVI recording. Let me know!