Emulator Problem: Project 64 Controller not working.

seetruskcaz

I have just downloaded project64 in order to play Majora's mask. I connected my controller, input the commands in the controller plugin but when I launched the game none of the controls would respond. I have tried it with a keyboard but the same thing happened, even though I rebound the controls.

I heard people saying that you need to use different plugins but I don't know how to install them.

By the way I am using an Xbox360 Controller.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
We have plugins here. Just get them from the main emulator-zone page. They jut get put in your plugin folder. Do this then run project 64. Some plugins require you to check a box that says connected, make sure your controller is enabled on the set up page.

whippy

Hello everyone! I am on this website because I am having the same issue listed above.

I am using a generic joystick USB controller that looks like this :
SACCJG50A_l.jpg

I can't put more pictures, because I am a new member =_=..

But I can assign the controls fine and project 64 recognize the controller.

However, when starting the game, it does not recognize the controller. The keyboard works fine though, I tried it.

I also tried to download another plugin and placed it in the right file, but project 64 does not see the new dll. I was using rage from 2015

Last edited:

whippy

Thanks for your quick answer!
I can't seem to find the box you are talking about. When I open Project64, and go into Options -> Settings -> Plugins, I see that n-rage is selected for the controls.

When I go into "Configure control pluggin", N-Rage V2 opens up. I have checked the "Plugged" box (I also tried the XInput one) and the controller works to assign values but as soon as the game is launched, no controller is recognized (as seen here : prnt.sc/bwbu3d)