SSF simply refuses to work! >:(

emjeeman

EDIT: How to configure SSF for best speed performance?

Original issue: No Saturn emulator worked for me, I sort of got a solution.

Current issue: How to tweak the emulator to run fastest, especially for older/weaker PC's?

Last edited:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
unfortunately we dont have any resident saturn gurus here. SSF is they best you will find tough. That error points to shaders, possibly your card does not support it. Maybe try turning off texturs in the options?

The only web reference on that exact error is:

"The only troubleshooting measure you can try is to download the latest version of DirectX. If that doesn't help then your computer isn't compatible with SSF. Sorry :("

If I were to guess your video card is to blame but you never mentioned what you have so its only a guess.

Last edited:

emjeeman

unfortunately we dont have any resident saturn gurus here. SSF is they best you will find tough. That error points to shaders, possibly your card does not support it. Maybe try turning off texturs in the options?

The only web reference on that exact error is:

"The only troubleshooting measure you can try is to download the latest version of DirectX. If that doesn't help then your computer isn't compatible with SSF. Sorry :("

If I were to guess your video card is to blame but you never mentioned what you have so its only a guess.

Yeah, sorry, I forgot to list my specs. But I figured something and the bottom line is, yeah, my video card strangely cannot support the emulator. Really funny how things like this work, but what can I do.

As an update, since I managed to get my hands on a machine that can handle the emulator but likely not too well, I've changed the topic title address the new current issue: how can I tweak the options of SSF, make it run the best for weaker PC's? Like what should I set the video/other settings for optimal speed?

I appreciate the help :)

RedTail

Yeah, sorry, I forgot to list my specs. But I figured something and the bottom line is, yeah, my video card strangely cannot support the emulator. Really funny how things like this work, but what can I do.

As an update, since I managed to get my hands on a machine that can handle the emulator but likely not too well, I've changed the topic title address the new current issue: how can I tweak the options of SSF, make it run the best for weaker PC's? Like what should I set the video/other settings for optimal speed?

I appreciate the help :)

You can tweak SSF manually if you'd like, but there are compatibility profiles built into the emulator. Click the "options" pulldown menu and select "options." To the far right of the tabs are left and right arrows. Click the right arrow until you see "EZ Setting" and then click on it. Set the emulator to "low compatibility" and see how that works for you.

emjeeman

Sorry for the late reply; thanks a lot, I'm going to try that. It does seem like the most optimized setting I can use.