Game Problem: Start Screen Scrolling Glitch

Kryssi521

I'm hoping this is the game file goofing up and not the emulator, but I'm really not sure. I installed PCSX2 specifically because a friend found Legend of Mana for me. The .rar included .ccd and .img files, the only one that shows up when I start up Legend of Mana is the .img, so I'm assuming the .ccd is incompatible.

The game runs fine through the title animation, but when it gets to the start screen the game starts behaving as if a button is being held down, scrolling between the two options - New Game and Load Game - endlessly. I really don't know what how else to discribe it.

I remember once upon a time the same thing used to happen on my ps1, but I think we just restarted the system. I've tried messing with controller settings, I've looked at other settings, nothing seems to stop the scrolling. I'm out of ideas, so can I fix it or is it a lost cause?

Kryssi521

Okay, I'm not sure what exactly failed in my brain, but I wrote down the wrong emulator name. The correct one - and I've double checked this time - is PCSX-Reloaded version 1.9.93 for linux.

I have tried installing ePSXe, but I couldn't find proper instructions and got frustrated when it kept insisting I needed to configure BIOs. I might try it again if I've still got the wrong emulator.

testmachine

Old member
Okay, I'm not sure what exactly failed in my brain, but I wrote down the wrong emulator name. The correct one - and I've double checked this time - is PCSX-Reloaded version 1.9.93 for linux.

I have tried installing ePSXe, but I couldn't find proper instructions and got frustrated when it kept insisting I needed to configure BIOs. I might try it again if I've still got the wrong emulator.

Here's a config tutorial I made.
http://forums.emulator-zone.com/showthread.php?t=21580
Don't worry, you can configure the new version just fine with this tutorial. :)

Kryssi521

Alright, I got it to let me open an .iso ... but I don't think my video settings are right (the image looks fine, but it's really small), so I'm going to tinker a bit.

For the record, I'm running Linux Mint 15, and when I go to config>video, select a plugin and press "configure" nothing seems to happen.

Thanks for your help. :)