Emulator Problem: Issues with using authentic SNS-005 Controllers on SNES9X

Gordikk

Hey everyone,

I recently bought the Mayflash controller converter, but the controller I had still kicking around were 3rd party and didn't work properly. I went on ebay and purchased 2 excellent condition SNS-005 controllers.

Testing them last night only 1 seems to work. Now I tried switching ports and using 1 at a time but it's the same controller that gives me the problem. When I go to input configuration it will only ever recognize the B button, nothing else registers.

I then took that controller and tried it with a Retron3 and it worked perfectly. So I'm at a loss, any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
MayFlash IMO is crap. The do well in most aspect but always fain in compatibility. This is the main reasons for projects like mine ( see sig ). See compatibility. The best you can do with mayflash is write to them and hope they send you a patch. Its not the controller!

Gordikk

When you say patch do you mean a software patch? I'm confused since it's the same controller that doesn't work in any configuration. When you say compatibility these are the exact same model number.

This blissbox seems cool but too much for what I am looking for. In the alternative do you have a suggestion for another SNES product?

Thanks for the input!

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
you say compatibility these are the exact same model number.
I mean when someone makes an adapter they dont test everything under the sun. Most projects that do are not by big companies. You see projects like mine strive to make everything work, its a hobby. If I was a big company, yes I would care more about money. Now the down fall is I can not bring the price down because I make them by hand. Yes $35 for a single adapter is a bit pricy.

Another project you can check out is this one.
http://www.raphnet-tech.com/products/snes_to_usb_cable/index.php
That saves you $10.

When you say patch do you mean a software patch?
No more like a driver or firmware patch.