Has anything changed in the last 5 or so years ? EMUS

cmecu

I think its been over 5 years now, but I still have lots of stuff I used to play. NES emu, Neo Geo emu, Super Nintendo, Mame32 for the arcade games, Daphne for the Laserdisc Games.

I still have it all stored away on an external Hard drive, but I get that urge to get it all out again and play it all again.

I was starting to look around on the net to see if there were newer EMU players and such, or how to know if there is up to date stuff can that information be found here ?

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Oh yes, a lot has changed in 5 years, im pretty sure someone else can provide more examples then me, but BSNES has 100% accurate emulation, Mame32 Is constantly updating, and there have been new NES emulators.

cmecu

OK thanks. I just want to get everything up to date. I had everything set up to play , and then when I stopped playing I just copied everything over into a folder on an external hard drive, and now I want to copy it all back over to my computer and get all the directories set up, input controllers etc

I really liked my coin op games I was playing with Mame32. I am not sure if there is a new and better platform than mame32.

There was one game I played but it always played slow. It was a star wars Game, but this game played so slow, like frame by frame slow. Its the one star wars game where you fight darth vader in the end with a light saber.

Daphne was another I need to try to figure how to get set back up, I miss playing Dragons Lair 1, 2 space ace, and Cliff Hanger.

I still have this Magnavox game that Phillips made I think. I bought dragons lair one and 2 for it, Zelda, some movies .. It was a neat gaming device.

I guess I will have to snoop around on the net some to find info about updated stuff, and like always look out for the malware and trojans.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
I am not sure if there is a new and better platform than mame32.
no, mame still is the leader. I remember that game at the arcade but forget the name. I can test it if you get the name.

Just use this site to update your emulators. There are also lots of fronts ends now. Quickplay and hyperspin are two that I know of. Also a lot of improvements on controller adapters. See my sig for a project that handles them all.

cmecu

The name of that star wars game was Star wars Trilogy
Here is the game on the firts link and the battle with vader on second one. When i tried to play it on my Mame32 IT was extremely slow and choppy. Im not sure if it was a bad ROM i have, or Mame32 didnt play it fast enough. IM remember reading ( BACK THEN 5 years ago) That it said something about doing it on 64 bit instead of 32, but I tried playing with with a 64 bit and it changed nothing, I did a lot of things, which I forget what all I did, but it always played frame by frame slow choppy.

Well nevermind I cant post links it seems.. But you can find them on You tube,, star wars trilogy

Another question I have, is a Game Like CrossBow where you shot at the screen , or Chiller where you also shot at the screen with a light gun. Can you buy light guns and shoot at your Screen or do you need a special kind of screen ? I play my computer in a 55 inch Sony Bravia any way. Not sure how light guns work

I play on my computer. I dont even know what Mame I should be using. You have Mame, mameui, Mame32 etc .. For someone who just plays on a PC with windows 7 .. which one should I be using. I been using mame32 , but not sure if it really matter what one I used.

There are also lots of fronts ends now. Quickplay and hyperspin are two that I know of.
Not sure what that means Front End. I was trying to find out more information about this.

Last edited:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
For light guns look in to top gun. Or some use the wii light gun with glovepi. Mame is Mame, the ui and 32 are just ports. 32 is for a 32 bit os where 64 is for 64 bit, ui is just a user interface version of mame. A front end is software that lets you manage all rom and console emulators and plays with a simple double click. Some like hyper spin let you see video and picture previews.

Knight5599

If your emulator programs dont work as well I suggest you try zsnew (SNES) and JNes (Nes). But this would depend what you are using. They work
on modern systems (win 7) but might have problems if you use something before this or a slower pc.

MartinKup

Has anything changed in the last 5 or so years EMUS

Its not one I bought, but the last game I received was a gift from Alucard, and it was Left 4 Dead. Thanks again, Con

Actually, I guess Left 4 Dead IS the last game I bought, but it was a gift for burpingcat.

Hmm, wouldnt it make more sense for this thread to be in General Gaming?

Pjater

Re: Has anything changed in the last 5 or so years EMUS

There is some more new better emulators with enhancement better graphic and all that than the regular emulators, google Zophars Domain and you get some great snes emulators with direct3d and other custom builds ;)

Touko White

I'm cute, aren't I?
Bump.

Dolphin can play practically any Wii or GameCube gae flawlessly, Windows 8 and 10 messed up the emulation scene for many because they are bad operating systems, DeSmuME is actually fast, NO$GBA is back in active development, lots have happened.

Let's see what happens in 2016 for the emulation. Perhaps byuu will make 100% accurate emulators for other systems too in higan? Dolphin will get a stable release after nearly 2 years? Hmmmm.