N64 Mystical ninja starring Goemon loading freeze.

Doomsiren

Hi everyone!

I have recently downloaded Mystical ninja Goemon and have enjoyed it very much. Unfortunately after entering a room through a door in a castle the screen will fade to black as normal but will remain black. The music still goes on but the black screen will not fade away nor can I control Goemon. It always happens at the same door. Has anyone encountered any similar issues? Is it game related or project64 related? If you need any specifics I will be happy to provide.

Any help is appreciated and thnx in advance.

mk16

just joined to say i have the same problem.
i go through a door in the ghost toy place and screen fades to black and stays that way. I can still hear music but the screen stays black.
amd fx 4100
gt 610
windows 7 home edition
no plugins on project 64 all stock.
version 2.0.0.14

Last edited:

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
hmmm, Have you tried using different plugins like Glide64, or Rice? Better yet, have you tried different emulators to see if it would alleviate the problem?

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member

mk16

Here is the solution
i dont have lag i just have a room not loading
and i would have rice by now if the site it was on would let me download it without an account but, they dont and have yet to send me an email after 15 hours.
hmmm, Have you tried using different plugins like Glide64, or Rice? Better yet, have you tried different emulators to see if it would alleviate the problem?
i have tried a few plugins and no luck
also i have tried mupen64 and the graphic bugs are to much.

Last edited:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
I didnt say lag was the issue. Here is where is stems from.
http://forum.pj64-emu.com/showthread.php?t=1719
Its the same issue reported here. Though to fix it you apply the lag fix. I can't help you with obtaining a log in but I did find the plug here and was able to download it. This is not 5.9.9 but I dont see why a new version would not work.

Last edited:

mk16

well i downloaded the thing you linked and ran the installer it gave me but in project64's setting>plugins area theres no rice plugin for me to pick.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Yeah that is a lame way to do things, I hate installers. Ok run it again and notice where it installs. I think the default is c:\ ( really stupid imo ). You will see a plugin folder it creates. Move all that is in that plugin folder to your plugin folder.

or ( the way they want you to do it ) let the installer install to your pj64 folder. Either way you will now see a RiceVideo6.1.3DX9.dll, this is the new plug in. In the drop down list of plugins you should now see that as a plug in you can select.

If it still unclear just let us know, here to help.

mk16

lol
you think i dont computer
i manually moved all the stuff in the plugin folder and deleted the extra one it made still no plugin.

also put it in every folder other then the plugin>gfx folder
still not showing up

Last edited:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
I don't judge people on there knowledge only response to what I read. From what you said it appears that that version may not be compatible with your version of pj64. Best to find the latest version of RiceVideo and I too dont have a login for that board. The RiceVideo plugin is really the best for games that have issue.

Last edited:

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Omg, verbal genius! I haven't laughed at something like that in a long time, XD pffft, "you think I don't computer" XD

mk16

used the dll
dropped it in the gfx folder in the plug in folder and, it messed up everything in the game. It also said it couldnt read the ini file, so i dropped that in the gfx folder and later on in the plugin main folder. Everything was still messed up

thinking that the only way to play this game will be to some how get the rice plugin from his thread on that one site you cant join anymore :/

mk16

i fixed it by taking a video plugin from the 1964video emulator file
"1964 video plugin community"
i would post a link to the file if i could.

Last edited:

mk16

now that i've got some rest and my minds not shot

http ://code .google.com/ p/emu-1964/downloads/detail?name=Release.7z&can=2&q=

remove spaces
unzip with 7zip
plugins
video plugin

worked for me.

also by video plugin i mean anything with the word video in the name

Last edited: