Question about Dragon Force on Sega Saturn

Bad Bones23

Hey wassup ya'll! I'm new to Emulating, and really liking it! Going back to play Dark Wizard on Sega CD, great game that is! :D

I've been wanting to try the Sega Saturn emulating, starting with Dragon Force... however, no matter how hard I try, I'm clueless about how to get it to work!

I've read tutorials but I'm confused as heck!

Could someone please recommend the best emulator for this game?

And also run me be, in as simplistic idiot-speak as possible, how to set it up?

And if anyone can help me set this up, I can guarantee Dragon Force is a game you'll love. :msn_wink:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Dont know of one that is the best but the only two worth in IMO are Cassini/girigiri and ssf

Cassini is a hacked version of the commercial and dead GiriGiri project. We dont support it here AFAIK.
SSF which it's currently the best Sega Saturn emulator.

Its hard to set up saturn emulators because there really is not English version.

montpics

The recommended emulator for Saturn is SSF as it can play most games compared to Cassini/Giri Giri. Unfortunately, my PC is pretty old to run the emulator (needs SSE2 or higher processor). So, couldn't make a nice tutorial for that.

However, you can search the guides available from Google. Won't be too hard to find one suitable. :)

Bad Bones23

I'll be honest.... I've tried several guides but have had no luck! I'm a complete idiot when it comes to tech...

Can someone offer me a simple "made for idiots" guide on how to set up SSF to play Dragon Force?

[links removed]

I've downloaded both but I have no idea what to do next and all the guides I've read practically seem like they're written in Egyptian by my poor tech skills. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Although you tried to some what make the links not work we can not allow a link to a rom. Your first step really is to find a reference that claims you can even emulate that game. Once you know the emulator that works with that game we can try a tut for you.

Bad Bones23

I found a reference! I can't link it since it's on a rom page but it writes, "Recommended emulator: Satourne (Windows)".

So apparently Satourne is the emulator needed to start up Dragon Force! (I've heard so many great things about this game, I can't wait! :D)

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
ok sounds good. You need to do one of two ( or both ) things and remember this is a general forum not a support forum. So people that choose to help do it out of there own free time.

1) ask for a tutorial on setting up Satourne
2) tell us where you get stuck setting it up.

You can do one or both. Remember not many people around here use saturn emulators as we all know its rather difficult to understand them.

Last edited: